We're building a new world-class development team in Barcelona in 2021 and are looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to join us. Our platform is coded in React and .NET and we have a React Native mobile app as well.
If you're looking for a challenge and an opportunity to work with a new team then please apply.
Arbolus is changing the way businesses learn and retain knowledge
We believe experience is worth sharing, so we set out to help people with experience share their experience easily with businesses.
Today, Arbolus is the first platform that helps businesses build and work with networks of experts, advisors and freelance consultants. Our product has been a big hit with global consulting firms (e.g. the big four) and Fortune 500 companies who use third parties to inform their business strategy.
Based in London, we are a venture-backed scale-up with offices in Barcelona (our largest) and New York.
Arbolus' product is used by 100s of the world's largest companies
We combine a .Net backend with a React web-app and React Native mobile app. Today the platform allows 1000s of experts to build relationships with 100s of professional companies, working with them securely on our workspace.
We are looking to expand the product in 2021 with a great team of in-house developers, providing new features to truly disrupt this massive industry.
- Design – you will participate with our designer and product owners for the technical planning & backend architecture
- Develop – you will build a scalable technology platform to support a growing business
- Coach – you will work with more junior developers to make them into excellent professionals
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field is preferred
- 5+ years of experience is desired
- Solid understanding of engineering fundamentals: unit testing, code reviews and RESTful APIs
- Programming experience with .Net Core, C# and MVC
- Experience working with SQL Databases (PostgreSQL) and with the Entity Framework
- Familiarity with git (GitHub) and version control best practices
- Must have strong teamwork orientation and the ability to promote collaboration within teams
- Professional English
Nice to have
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery systems (GitHub Actions, Jenkins, Travis or similar tools)
- Experience in cloud platforms such as AWS
- Familiarity and experience with Agile methodologies
What we offer
- Competitive base-pay + bonus
- International exposure
- Influence on the future of Arbolus
- Great team & strong office culture
- 2x annual retreats and regular socials
- Regular hackathons
- Work from home days
- Macbook + more