Netquest is among the most advanced and innovative digital data collection specialists worldwide in the market research and analytics industry. We currently have more than 2,000,000 consumers willing to share their behavioral data and give us their opinion in 27 countries. Our ambition is to be the most reliable, flexible and powerful data source in the market, and contribute to the future of market research through automation and innovation.
Descripción de la oferta
At Netquest we are looking for an experienced Senior Backend Developer willing to take the challenge to help us build our product suite around our tracking technology.
Our main goal is to provide the technology to invite people to install our tracking apps so we can do research on their online behavior in exchange for compensation in a transparent and privacy conscious way. We use the gathered data to analyze patterns, make reports, and help end clients improve their services.
We are currently building a new backend system whilst figuring out how to maintain and merge our existing platform, meaning we can offer you exposure to a lot of different technologies used across the stack and many interesting problems to be solved, including:
- Help to design our new architecture and technology
- Build APIs and services with Ruby and Python that will run locally, on Docker (AWS ECS) and AWS Lambda
- Improve and maintain the current implementation
- Perfecting our build process using Docker environments
- Collaborate with our Android and iOS developers to integrate our mobile applications with our backend.
- Improve the rest of the team by sharing your knowledge and passion while you take some back from the team too
What we offer
Our current team is a group of passionate all-around engineers. We follow the SAFe methodology, It helps us to develop in a pragmatic and efficient way all our products. It also gives the development a vision of the product roadmap and how it is defined. Transparency is a foundational aspect of our company.
We all hang out on Slack/Teams and have daily face-to-face meetings.
Specifically, for this product we work with the following technologies:
- Ruby on Rails
- AWS: Lambda, ECS, RDS, S3, Athena, CloudWatch...
- Browser plug-in/extension/add-on frameworks (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Edge)
- React (user interface)
- CSS3/Sass (styles)
- Selenium / Karma (automated testing)
- Docker (for continuous integration and running workloads)
What we ask for
We expect you to take on the challenge of diving into our technology and claim a piece to make it the best in the world. We want you to be passionate about technology and be able to apply the best tools for the task at hand.
We are looking for an engineer with experience but we will also consider your application if your motivation or talent can compensate for your juniority.
Required skills and experience
- 3-5 years of experience in backend development.
- Working experience with any of the following languages: Python, Ruby, NodeJS.
- Experience working with medium-large applications and building frameworks
- Understanding REST principles.
- Design Patterns (work with detailed Pull Requests and Reviews)
- Worked with cloud services (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure)
Our ambition is to be the most reliable, flexible and powerful data source in the market, and contribute to the future of market research through automation and innovation.