Join a young and agile Swiss-Mexican fintech startup whose mission is to make technology work for millions of small businesses in emerging markets.
KiWi is growing, and we are now looking for a Senior Back-end Developer in Valencia, with the option to work remotely.
You will lead the enhancement of our back-end (Python/Django), with the objective of making it more scalable and providing services to new markets.
The main technologies we are currently dealing with are:
- App Platform (PaaS from DigitalOcean);
- PostgreSQL and Redis (managed by DigitalOcean);
- Ubuntu stable with Python 3.8;
- Docker w/ Compose;
- Django and DRF;
- Celery and Celery Beat;
- GitHub Actions for CI and CD;
- Sentry (for exceptions and performance monitoring).
Don't be scared if you haven't used all of these: we are here to help you whenever you need it.
Also, don't be shy: we'd love to learn some more tricks or tools from you.
We are looking for people in or near Valencia, able to speak English and Spanish, fluent with Python.
What we'd like to find in the new candidates:
- Willingness to improve our Django 2.2 project and help us to migrate to Django 3.2;
- Openness when writing and receiving code reviews - nothing gets merged without approvals;
- Passion for testing and test-driven development - when we find a bug we write a test to reproduce it, then we fix the problem;
- DevOps spirit - we are a small team which builds and runs our software, sometimes with the help of the DigitalOcean crew.
At KiWi we value freedom. We like to have an office where we meet in person, but if you have to work remotely for a few weeks, or a few days a week, do it. We are a company with a flat hierarchy, where accountability means a lot. We hire as little as possible, but we hire great people.
We are here to make meaning. We take our social mission as seriously as our business goals. If you think there is a match with what you want to do and who you are, we are waiting for your application.
The salary for this position will be in the region of 45k€ gross.
11 - 50
KiWi empowers micro-merchants through access to adapted digital technology, contributing to a fair and competitive market. With their KiWi app, merchants can accept card and mobile payments, get access to microcredit, and make more money by selling additional KiWi services and products.