Senior Back-end Developer (Python) in Barcelona
Immfly is an award-winning provider of Connected Digital Services and Best in Class Inflight Entertainment. Headquartered in Barcelona, Spain, and with a network of global offices, we empower and support full-service, low-cost, and regional airlines worldwide. Immfly’s digital services reach millions of passengers across hundreds of destinations in Europe, Africa, Asia, and North and South America.
Immfly's IFE platform enables airlines to broadcast premium entertainment content, channels, and services, including Video On Demand, at unrivaled streaming speeds, directly on passengers' personal devices. The platform is available to all aircraft regardless of onboard internet connectivity.
We are looking for an experienced senior backend developer to join our talented Product team.
The backend team develops multiple services that allow users to interact with our In-flight entertainment platform in a unique way. Among these services, there are entertainment platforms, e-commerce solutions, integration with 3rd party APIs, handling data, and creating reports, among many others.
As a developer on the backend team, you will help deliver the next generation of Immfly’s backend and commerce architecture. Using Python, you will build tools that are reliable and scalable. You'll shape the work of your peers, and report to the PO & CTO.
What your day-to-day will look like:
- Work with the backend team and other teams to build high-quality client experiences
- Become familiar with the existing Immfly technology stack
- Contribute to architectural, design, and process discussions involving the technological choices involved in building Immfly’s browser-based clients
- You'll identify and uphold backend engineering best practices
- Create, build, maintain, and optimize the backend project and help create a microservices infrastructure.
- Work with a wide spectrum of partners including design & product infrastructure to define best practices and optimal solutions
What you should bring:
- 2+ years of experience working on large-scale Python applications (Python & Django)
- 3+ years of software development experience
Nice to have:
- Experience with CI/CD practice
- Experience with Go, Rust, or any other backend languages
- You've made new architectures work
- Self-motivated, diligent and detail-oriented
- Team player, but able to work independent
- Eager to learn new skills, continuous improvement mindset, and able to keep up with the latest technologies
- Open Source user: You have basic knowledge of scripting on Linux systems
- Proactive, with the ability to adapt to different working styles and environments
- Organized: Our industry is aviation; we need to have high control of the processes, documentation, quality… and all this, being flexible and adaptable!
- Problem-solver: You have an engineering mindset and love solving complex challenges
Why join Immfly?
- Permanent and full-time contract
- Flexible Retribution Plan that allows you to choose between different options, according to your needs and preferences: health insurance, meal ticket, transport ticket, childcare voucher
- Flexible working hours with hybrid-remote work policy (intensive workdays all Fridays and in August)
- Flexibility to work from home (90%) and from the office.
- Location: Barcelona (Spain)
- Offices with open spaces and great views from the city.
- Compensation according to experience and internal evolution
- Learning programs
- True career opportunities. The opportunity to work on your personal development and take the next step in your career.
- Cross-cultural experience in an international environment with a dynamic team, with an always learning culture and the vision of disrupting our industry for the best.
- Be part of a talented, ambitious and dynamic team who creates amazing things
- Smart work (Agile, lean management methodology)
- Free snacks, fruit, coffee, and water at the office
- Free good mood and smiles
It's an amazing time to join Immfly as we continue shaping the future of inflight retail & entertainment.