If you feel like joining our Barcelona offices to help us serving our 100M users on a monthly basis, this Full Stack Developer position could be the one you’re looking for and Softonic can become your new home! We are looking for a Software Engineer that will help growing and maintaining our Node.js based microservices.
An engineer is a developer with deep knowledge in one or several technical disciplines used in the company's services and products. She or he is personally responsible for the technical quality of the produced work, and that this work scales and performs according to the business needs. All software engineers in a team are autonomous and responsible of the products they work in.
What is our main tech stack?
- Last ECMAScript version, Node.js 12.x.x LTS
- SASS, Marko.js, React, Next.js, Vue.js
- Yarn, Webpack, Babel and Jest
- Docker, Helm and Kubernetes
- Elasticsearch, MySQL, Redis
We are looking for a person with:
- At least 3 years of recent experience working in Web development technologies
- An advanced/expert level of ECMAScript and Node.js
- A micro-framework mindset (Vanilla JS)
- A good knowledge of semantic HTML5 and CSS preprocessors such as Sass or Less
- A good, practical, knowledge of Git
- A clear vision of performance and best practices (backend and frontend)
- An understanding of the concepts and ideas behind popular frameworks,
- A willingness to question their own beliefs
- Some previous experience working with Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban)
- A really good level of English
What do we value?
- We promote autonomy and responsibility over processes and rules.
- We offer continuous feedback and encourage people to give it.
- We live in an Agile world, we iterate, always reflecting on our past actions and seeking ways to perform better in the future.
- We believe in faster feedback loops: all projects have continuous delivery and deployment; all projects are monitored according to our SLAs.
- We value training as a must: you'll have the chance to continuously learn every week in our internal trainings where we incubate and foster new ideas, try new approaches, experiment, think outside the box and implement the best solutions.
- Designing, developing and testing software solutions including upgrades to improve the current functionalities and architecture
- Analyzing and resolving technical problems of any kind
- Working with the business part if needed to clearly understand the details
- Identifying and escalating risks and issues to the appropriate person depending on its nature.
- Contributing to improving the technical area
- Providing technical support and guidance to your team members
- Taking active decision in key issues on the products