Caravelo is a travel-tech company with a global team and roots in Barcelona. We specialize in creating SaaS solutions for subscriptions, chatbots and tools that help airlines create a better customer experience and increase revenue.
Our team has been growing exponentially over the past few years and at the moment we are a team of 50 people working mostly from our HQ in Barcelona. If you’d like to be part of our growth journey, read on.
- Analyze business requirements and design technical implementations
- Code elegant, solid, and extendable solutions, improve software performance and error handling
- Cooperate with other developers and product specialists and deliver on time by coordinating with tech leads.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implement existing product lines and help us develop new ones!
- Integrate our product lines with Airlines' reservation and payment systems (Sabre, Amadeus, Navitaire)
- Develop REST APIs
- Support new business domains and use cases
- Personalize our existing product lines to adapt to our partners' needs
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- You are proficient in object-oriented analysis and design.
- You have solid Java/JVM or equivalent programming skills.
- You have at least 2+ years of experience as a backend developer.
- If you have any knowledge of Airline IT (i.e. Amadeus, Navitaire, Sabre, SITA) will be highly valued.
- It'd be great (but not mandatory) if you have any front-end knowledge or experience.
- You can communicate fluently in English (it's our company language!). Any Spanish knowledge is more than welcome!
- Passion: you are happy to work independently in a group and you enjoy sharing your expertise with junior team members and have a good sense of humour.
- Curiosity: develop new product lines is intriguing to you because you are full of ideas.
- You are autonomous and proactive.
- You’re versatile and enjoy learning new technologies and languages
- You are action-orientated and with enthusiasm
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive salary
- If you live in Spain, you will also get access to benefits paid from your gross salary with Cobee (Health insurance, Transport / Restaurant / Kindergarten check) and discounted gym membership (Andjoy).
- Flexible working hours & Intense Fridays!
- Possibility to work with a Hybrid setup
- A spacious office in the heart of Barcelona
- The possibility to see the results of your work, and have a real impact on the business
- Inclusive and international work environment
- Plenty of space for personal and professional development
- Team activities and company events
- Organizational transparency
- You will be joining a fast-moving and progressive company that prides itself of being at the forefront of software development within the airline industry
- There are opportunities for international career progression within the organization
- The possibility to really see an impact and to see how your work affects the end result
- International team with more than 12 nationalities
- Dog Friendly office
At Caravelo we are always looking for people with the right mix of passion, authenticity, and attitude to join our team. We are also proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer.
We are a Barcelona based technology company specializing in solutions for the travel industry. Over 20 airline and travel brands around the world partner with us, with our platforms enabling growth in incremental revenue and expanding distribution into intuitive new areas.
Our platforms have been honed by over 8 years of development and have enabled over 50 products within the industry. We are now being recognized by the industry as a go-to provider for innovative solutions that make a difference to travelers and travel brands.