TeamCMP is a digital entertainment company founded in Rochester (NY) in the early 2000’s and with offices in Barcelona since 2007.
We're 170+ people energized about our future and enjoying everything a high-growth company has to offer. We're technologists, marketers, business operators, video producers and VR experts from over 33 nationalities
At TeamCMP we are passionate about innovation! We take a cutting-edge approach to development by utilizing the latest technologies and experimenting with all the new gadgets
Big volumes = big challenges
We field more than 250 million HTTP sessions per-day from our collection of some of the world's most well trafficked sites and our B2C products lead in their respective markets. We are committed to amplifying our presence and accelerating growth through our passionate, entrepreneurial and innovative workforce.Who we are
Poor eating habits have become progressively more common, which has resulted in overweight/obesity becoming the fifth leading risk for global death.
We are here to help by creating a product that educates people on how to make intuitive food choices that lead them to healthier lifestyles and bodies. Our product has been live for more than one year, and over 100,000 people have already decided to change their lives by purchasing it.
As Senior Backend Engineer, you will be part of an international team (working language is English) with experienced people who share a passion for health and balanced nutrition. You will work in an atmosphere in which you can express your opinion and really have an impact. Take responsibility from day one, get the best out of yourself and the team to build together an amazing product.
What will you do?
- Maintain, modernize, and add new features to our diet products and their components.
- Triage, diagnose, and solve high traffic production problems.
- Share knowledge with your colleagues about best practices and new technologies.
- Advice on issues relating to improving performance and scalability.
- Develop unit, functional, integration, and E2E tests.
- Be involved throughout the full lifecycle development process.
- Document existing and new systems and components.
Our engineering team is composed of Front, Full-stack, and Backend engineers, a SDET, a Product QA engineer, a Tech Lead, an Engineering Manager and a Product Owner.
We like to work in a nice and safe environment, where everyone is accountable, friendly, and always willing to help. We work as a team and encourage opinions.
We use Kanban, delivering as soon as a feature is ready. We start with the smallest version of the feature, validate the user value, and then work on small incremental changes. We adapt and evolve our product and our processes according to what we learn from the feedback loop.
Our codebase is pretty new and built with care from scratch using the most modern languages and frameworks like PHP 7.4 with Symfony 4, Vue.js and kubernetes. We use a variety of AWS services like EKS, S3, SQS, SNS, lambdas and much more, all managed with Terraform. We also apply good practices and DDD and we do tons and tons of testing, using Cypress.
- Strong knowledge and practice of PHP, OOP patterns, SOLID principles and Domain-Driven-Design.
- Experience with PHP 7 and at least one modern framework: Symfony, Laravel.
- Understanding of MySQL and Redis databases.
- Experience with queues systems.
- Experience with Docker containers.
- Experience working in high traffic environments.
- Working experience in Github, JIRA and Slack.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, debugging, and troubleshooting skills.
- Business Level English: all spoken and written business communications are in English.
- A great teammate with excellent communication skills.
- Interest in DevOps related technologies (AWS, Kubernetes, Terraform)
- Experience with AWS services.
- Experience with Kubernetes and HELM.
- Experience in another backend programming language.
- Experience with non-relational databases.
- Experience with CI and CD.
- Private Health and Dental Insurance plan for employees.
- Subsidized gym memberships and fitness classes.
- Monthly internet allowance.
- Working from home setup allowance.
- Company sponsored Spanish, Catalan and English classes.
- Sponsored training and development.
- Quarterly company bonus programme.
- Top notch Apple equipment.
- Remote policy and flexible working hours
- Flexible Bank Holidays. Design your own working calendar with a lengthy consecutive vacation day policy.
- Day off for your birthday.
- Hybrid remote model office.
*Please note: All applications must be submitted in English