Who are we, and why are we hiring?
We're based on over 15 years of success, producing world-class video content and building, developing, and managing a number of high-traffic websites. Our success is down to Kodify's distinct teamwork, where each and every one of us plays a key role in getting us one step closer to our goals. Our award-winning content and websites are created exclusively by us and directly for the use of millions of users worldwide.
At Kodify, we love tech and are always thinking about what’s next! R&D and optimizations are part of our spirit. We work hard on consistently maintaining the highest level of professionalism. The video streaming industry has been growing a lot since last year and as a result, we need to expand our team to release the great ideas we’ve in mind.
What will you do?
You’ll help to evolve a platform that supports close to 100M unique visitors a month.
NodeJS - Create, maintain and evolve server-side applications
Responsibility for technical design, development and testing.
Collaborate with Product Owners and domain experts to ensure they understand possibilities/limitations
Performance - Always work towards minimizing API response times, with the best tools available to ensure you’ve full visibility: Metrics, Distributed Tracing, and Aggregated Trace Metrics.
Duties - Become an experienced team member, providing feedback about tech, development lifecycle and processes. Take ownership of your code / task / role.
Goal - Be proud of what you achieve, and of the product, and be one of the driving forces behind always making it better.
Where and when:
From wherever you want, the position is fully remote in the EU.
We’re very flexible about when you get your work done, but we do have some core hours where we like to overlap in order to promote collaboration and low-latency communication between team members (10:00 to 15:00 CET).
* Our daily virtual stand-ups are important for us but other than that, you’re free to manage your own time.
What we offer:
- Fully remote position or, if preferred, working in our awesome Barcelona office!
- Agile environment
- Top-notch tech stack!
- Upskill Fridays! Developers take time on Fridays to improve your skills, learn and research new trends that will allow us to level up our stack and processes
- Flexible working hours + core hours!
- 10% on top of your salary for learning and development - of your choice!
- Latest tech equipment
- Company Amazon book account!
- Kodify off-sites, quarterly on-sites, events, and team activities!
- Amazing international team!
- ½ day off on your birthday
- Generous vacation and personal days
- 1 month paid sabbatical after 3 years
- Extended parental leave
- Health & Wellness budget
- Mobile phone reimbursement
Expert in the Node.js ecosystem
Solid experience of NoSQL databases
Comfortable with Docker
A team player who likes to help others and solve problems together
Ownership of solutions
Investigation of new technologies
Advocate of clean code and clean architecture
Passionate about testing
You have a real ‘Can Do’ work ethic - We are results-based, not clock-based!
You love to have fun while you work!
Nice to have:
MongoDB * Redis * Express * Fastify * GraphQL * Typescript * AWS Microservices architecture * Domain Driven Design * Experience in High traffic websites * Understanding of Agile principles * Experience with Git and JIRA * Experience working remotely * We value open source projects
All of this doesn’t happen without a healthy portion of fun & perks – Kodifiers also have an uncanny ability to enjoy themselves! Whether it be company BBQs on our fantastic terrace to yearly company off-sites (Ibiza in 2017, Mallorca in 2016), we make sure that we embrace our motto “Work Hard, Play Harder”. Our people have one of the best working environments possible, are encouraged to continuously learn and grow and achieve their maximum potential.
Some of our perks include:
- Competitive salary
- Permanent employment contract
- Latest tech equipment: choose whatever boosts your productivity!
- Core hours with flexitime: work when you’re at your most creative!
- 10% extra for training and development budget
- Agile environment
- Private Health Insurance
- Free lunches!
- Company Amazon book account
- Half day off on your birthday
- Fresh organic fruit, snacks, coffee, drinks etc.
- Kodify off-sites abroad, fun events and regular team activities!
- Awesome offices and locations: Barcelona, Los Angeles, Altea, and Montreal!
- BBQ on a terrace
And most importantly.. our amazing team!
Miss something from this list? Let us know and maybe we’ll add it! Want to join the team? Good news: We're hiring!