Mailtrack is the leading solution for professionals using Gmail for sales, communication, hiring and any other business activities. We empower more than 2M users with our free plan and over 110,000 paying users worldwide.
We are a diverse and multicultural team. We hire the best and most passionate people willing to impact millions of users using Gmail. Our mission is to create amazing and simple tools to manage your communication that you will use every day.
Trust, scalability, reliability and ease of use is our focus. We want to become the leading solution for Gmail users worldwide and become the most reliable solution to connect professional users with Gmail.
What we do
Mailtrack is a Gmail extension that provides email marketing services: campaigns, mail merge, email tracking, PDF tracking and link tracking among many other features.
Our users are based all around the world and have very different needs and profiles (teachers, lawyers, real state agencies, small sales departments, amongst others).
What you’ll do
As a Backend developer, you’ll be responsible for maintaining, expanding and scaling the server-side software and systems which provide the Mailtrack service. You will be joining one of our two squads in order to write code, mostly in PHP, using best design practices as hexagonal architecture and domain-driven design. We work in an agile environment with extreme programming principles in mind, like continuous integration, test-driven development and refactoring. Our squads do not include QA or operations roles so you will develop these skills as well, always with a focus on automation.
What are we looking for?
- A minimum experience of 4 years developing web based applications, preferably in PHP.
- Demonstrable experience using industry good practices such as SOLID, Clean Code, Refactoring, Unit Testing/TDD, Hexagonal Architecture and Domain Driven Design.
- All communications in Mailtrack are in Spanish so you need to be able to communicate fluently in Spanish(written and spoken). We require, as well, a good level of written English.
- And last, but not least, you are a team player, you enjoy working with people and solving problems together.
Extra points if you
- Have worked on high traffic/volume applications and solved non trivial problems.
- As we consider operations a skill rather than a role, we appreciate knowledge of things like Linux administration, machine provision (ansible, packer…), Continous Integration servers (Jenkins), Queue systems (beanstalkd, RabbitMQ, SQS…) and of course Amazon Web Services Stack (EC2, RDS, s3, Elasticache…)
- We do not require a formal degree but we value candidates who have obtained an engineering degree.
- As we have a testing mindset, we appreciate candidates who are used to writing tests, not only unit but also integration and functional (selenium-like).
- Although our backend is mostly written in PHP, we have developed new features in separate nodejs services so if you have experience writing backend applications in node it is most welcome.
- Have previously developed browser extensions or worked with Google Apis (especially Gmail).
What we offer
- We work at a stress-free sustainable pace to develop features we think will improve an existing product.
- We are a company proud of taking care of their employees, with extensive benefits to reconcile work and family life. We pay private health insurance for you and your family and have a company-wide week break.
- We focus on continuous improvement of our employees and aim to help them develop themselves professionally to the highest level, so we have internal training and a personal budget for external training and conferences.
- Flexible working hours and choose to work either remotely or from our excellently located Barcelona office (Rambla Catalunya/Còrsega) with a sunny terrace.
- Competitive salary
- Choice of Linux laptop.