Senior Back-end Developer in Barcelona
Nautal is the largest marketplace for boat charter in Spain and one of the top boat rental platforms in Europe. It was founded in 2013 as an online platform for connecting charter companies and private boat owners with users who wish to rent a boat and sail at their own leisure. It has one of the largest fleets of boats available to rent—more than 26,000 boats worldwide—which includes everything from a RIB (Rigid Inflatable Boat), a sailboat or catamaran, to an exclusive 80 meter super-yacht. At present, Nautal operates in Spain, France, Italy, Germany, Croatia, Greece, Holland, the U.S. and the Caribbean, providing boat charter services in more than 800 areas in 56 countries around the world.
We are looking for a passionate Senior Backend Developer to join our growing team. You will play a critical role in helping us scale from a startup into a sustainable, global business.
- Work in the Tech team, hand in hand with the Product team
- Define and drive the best software development and practices for the team
- Provide insights about the design and architecture of our codebase, upcoming new builds and code refactors
- Help track and address technical debt
What are we looking for?
- Proven experience in Agile teamwork under Scrum, Kanban or Scrumban
- Git proficiency: remotes, interactive rebase, merge, cherry-picking,...
- Writing clean and testable code, unit tests and integration tests
- Proficiency with strategic DDD and Hexagonal Architecture
- Willing to help and mentor other developers to adopt these approaches in new code and refactors
- Used to work with multidisciplinar teams
- Experience with external APIs
- PHP / Symfony
- MySQL / ElasticSearch / Redis / Queue Systems
- View Nautal's fullstack at https://stackshare.io/companies/nautal
- Residence and work permit in Spain
Nice to have:
- Experience with AWS platform
- Container systems (Docker, Kubernetes)
- CI/CD flow knowledge (Jenkins)
- Experience in high traffic sites
What we offer?
- A great opportunity in a high growth sector
- Young, dynamic, multidisciplinary, international and professional environment.
- Attractive salary
- Career development and possibility to face responsibility positions depending on the performance of the company
- Offices in front of the Barcelona’s beach, with views to the sea
- Flexible benefit plans: Tickets restaurant, Kindergarten tickets, Transport, Health Insurance, Formation, Gym sponsorship, …
- Contribute to technical decisions, your feedback will be always valued
- Flexible schedule and remote working days
- Do you like sailing? Discounts on Sailing Certifications and in our boat rentals!
- Fresh fruit
- Young, dynamic, multidisciplinary and international professional environment with an amazing culture and team spirit
- English & Spanish free courses