Are you ready to work with the
world’s largest and most innovating Cloud platform? Do you want to join
one of the fastest growing companies on the planet? Did you know that
most of the world’s largest games companies use AWS technology to run
Amazon Game Tech is hiring Solution Architects to help accelerate adoption of AWS in the games sector. AWS is at the forefront of embracing new ways of doing things, making decisions quickly, and not afraid to fail. We have the scope and capabilities of a large company, and the spirit and heart of a start-up. The solution architecture community in AWS is seen at the forefront of working with customers to help them make generational changes, in how they build and run games, leveraging the cloud.
As a solution architect it is imperative you can build and develop trust as they make these system and architecture changes. You will be working with some of the largest games companies on the planet and the next generation of high-potential indies who are building the future of games.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about the gaming industry to own technical engagements with game developers to define and build out their projects using AWS. If you have the ambition and skills to be part of the Solution Architecture Team in AWS, working for Amazon Game Tech, we would like to hear from you.
Your broad responsibilities will include:
· As a thought leader, you will help developers understand the how, and why they should build games on AWS using Amazon Game Tech. You will establish deep and lasting relationships with customers and help them understand the value proposition of AWS.
· You will develop a deep understanding of AWS services that are most relevant to customers in the gaming industry and establish best practice solutions to help them meet their goals
· You will understand our customer’s gaming specific use cases and solve their technical problems
· You will need to communicate development ideas, application architecture and demonstrate how customers can migrate their games to AWS. You will translate On-Premise architectures to Cloud Native architecture running on Amazon Game Tech
· You will be responsible for evangelising the AWS story, to both the internal AWS communities and externally through blog posts, webinars, events, presentations, white papers
· You will directly support account teams in growing market share, and influence revenue growth of Amazon Game Tech
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
· Experience with at least one major programming language (Java, Python, Ruby, c#, C++, Go, NodeJS, etc)
· Ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
· Good written and verbal communication skills
· Fluency in English
· AWS / Cloud Architecture experience. AWS certification is a plus
· Familiarity with game design
· Previous experience with Unity and / or Unreal Engine
· In depth understanding of different server architectures for games
· Familiarity with networking for games and bandwidth optimization
· Experience developing serverless applications
· Experience on a UNIX, Linux or Windows platform
· Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions