We're seeking a Senior Operations Engineer with significant Android experience to help provide a solid platform for the automated testing of Firefox. Are you passionate about automation? Do you like solving new challenges?
Our team provides operating system expertise and maintenance of hardware systems used by the Firefox CI environment. We work closely with other teams to provide an amazing CI platform that powers Firefox development. We're looking to expand our coverage of Android and need an experienced ops engineer to take on the care and feeding of our systems. You'll be expected to work with our Test Engineering team to maintain Android OS and emulator images, and work with the TaskCluster team to run FireFox CI tasks on them.
As a Senior Android Operations Engineer at Mozilla, you will…
- Maintain and support the use of Android OS images and related toolchains on hardware and emulators for large scale automation
- Work with engineering teams to solve problems, optimize our existing systems, and propose and evaluate new solutions for automated testing on Android
- Be our subject matter expert and help our QA teams and developers with running tasks on Android devices and emulators
- Help maintain other hardware systems running Linux, macOS, and/or Windows
- Collaborate with geographically distributed teams and work in the open as part of the Mozilla open source project
Your Professional Profile
- Experience with maintaining Android operating system images and emulators as a platform for an automated testing environment
- Experience automating and administering production infrastructure in remote, lights-out data centers
- A real passion for automation and experience working with, and maintaining, CI/CD pipelines.
- You are familiar with at least one cross-platform configuration management and/or orchestration tool such as Puppet, Ansible, Chef, or Terraform
- You are proficient in Python.
- You possess the ability to work individually and collaboratively with others to tackle complex issues quickly and effectively
- You thrive in open environments that encourage education, cooperation, and teamwork
- You have excellent communication skills (in bugs, code, and documentation)
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. Join us and become part of our mission to promote openness, innovation and opportunity online. Mozilla is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity throughout our recruiting and hiring process and is dedicated to increasing diversity in our workplace.