There are more than 350 million reasons to join Brainly — one for every student you’ll help go from questioning to understanding. Team up with us as we build and continue improving one of the most popular ed-tech products on the planet. In a world of questions and uncertainty, you can be part of the answer as we shape the future of learning and change lives, one student at a time. If this excites you, you know what to do next.
Let’s get to know each other. And get ready to make a difference!
Members of the Tutoring Team collaboratively build a new user’s approach and feature sets to the existing Q&A learning platform improving our knowledge base, and satisfaction of it’s users. With new products on app and desktop, we want to upgrade our current offering and extend our value proposition – from instant and real-time help to video answers.
Are you a goal-driven team player? Do you like tackling new challenges using leading-edge industry tools? Can you adapt to rapidly changing conditions while learning and bettering yourself? Are you a detail-oriented expert who loves focusing on quality? If you answered yes to these questions, you might just be the perfect candidate for this role!
WHY ENGINEERING AT BRAINLY?
- Enjoy a great engineering culture — we regularly conduct code reviews and schedule time for writing tests.
- Have an impact on every stage of the project, including requirement discussions, design, implementation, and delivery.
- Always go beyond! Our collaborative environment creates room for everyone to learn, improve, and take our engineering to the next level.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Designing, developing, and maintaining code for Brainly mobile platforms to enhance the great learning experience for our users.
- Solving complex challenges such as performance, scalability, and security
- Collaborating with other software engineers to design scalable services, plan feature roll-out, and ensure high reliability and performance of your deliverables.
- Conducting code reviews, contributing high-quality documentation, and building robust test suites for your features.
WHAT MAKES YOU THE PERFECT CANDIDATE
- At least 3 years of professional experience in Android
- Proficiency in Kotlin
- Knowledge of Android Framework (lifecycle, good practices, tools)
- Experience with RxJava, Dagger2 and Android Architecture Components
- Experience in Unit/UI testing
- Computer science fundamentals – data structures and design patterns
- Solid knowledge of SOLID principles
- Fluency in English
WHAT WILL BLOW OUR MINDS
- Experience with Kotlin Coroutines
- Experience in working on projects with large user-base
- Data-driven approach
- Experience with monetization
WHAT YOU GET BY JOINING BRAINLY
Some of our benefits (slightly varies depending on the location):
- We want to see you grow along with us – you will have 800$ per year for personal development, extra time for attending conferences and workshops, and unlimited access to an online learning platform (courses from Coursera, Udacity, Udemy, Harvard ManageMentor, and many others!)
- Health is important, which is why at Brainly, we fully cover private health & dental care packages for you and your family and provide you with a sport card (Multisport Plus in Poland, Andjoy in Spain)
- You will also get an access to online individual psychological consultations with professionals in English & Polish via the Mental Health Helpline
- Flexible working hours – working requires communication, so we work within the European business hours, but we also know that life may be unpredictable, so if you need to jump out of work (doctor’s appointment, emergency, anything) – no problem!
- Your personal concierge AskHenry will support you in your daily duties, eg. planning your dream vacation
- We will provide you with all the necessary equipment & tools, including an additional budget for accessories which will make your remote setup even more comfortable.
- You can join internal communities and contribute to charity, diversity and inclusion initiatives, take part in great internal events or represent Brainly at conferences or meet-ups.
WHAT IS BRAINLY
Brainly is the online learning platform where over 350 million students and parents go from questioning to understanding. With their smartphones, users can snap a photo to instantly solve any problem or homework question and be matched with a Brainly product such as Community Q&A, Brainly Tutor, Math Solver or Textbook Detective.
Brainly is built to provide students, parents, experts, and teachers with a collaborative platform and tools needed to succeed in any educational environment. Based in Kraków, Poland, with U.S. headquarters in New York City, Brainly apps and websites are visited by users from over 35 countries.
Backed by Prosus, Point Nine Capital, General Catalyst, Runa Capital, Learn Capital and Kulczyk Investments. Learn more about Brainly at www.brainly.com.
By sending us your application, you agree that Brainly sp. z o.o. with its seats in Krakow, will process your data contained in the form below and in the documents you attach in to participate in recruitment. In connection with this, you have the right to withdraw your consents, the right to access to your data, the right to obtain their copy, rectify them, erase, limit their usage and also data portability right and object to their use by Brainly, as well as to lodge a complaint with the President of the UODO.