We offer a wide range of benefits, competitive salaries, company equity scheme, flexible working and pension.
• fuseAware is a SaaS platform designed for the mobile workforce across a
range of verticals including construction, oil & gas, mining, transport and
• Our goal is to deliver significant productivity gains to our clients while also delivering the best in market safety, health and well-being benefits to workers.
• To take owership of the Android application codebase.
• Proactive in suggesting and implementing application and product
• To ensure all bugs and errors are reported and dealt with alongside the
development team and to implement changes/fixes.
• To ensure the highest quality applications across the business and to
grow the fuseAware offering.
• To work with the engineering team on successful project delivery and on-
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Coding to a high standard
• Responsible for the ongoing development of the fuseAware android
application in conjunction with the Head of Development.
• To ensure that the android application works across multiple devices
spanning multiple OS and hardware variations.
• To take features written in scope documents or other briefs and
implement them alongside iOS and server developers.
• To be part of a team driving the fuseAware application forward, by
contributing ideas for new features, approaches or technologies that can
benefit our users.
• To assist the Head of Development in scoping planned work, with input
into the estimating process where appropriate.
• 2.1 CS degree (or related field) or equivalent experience
• Post-grad qualifications in CS or related field.
Knowledge and experience
• Proven software development skills in an Agile environment.
• Excellent java skills. 3+ years commercial experience, strong object-
oriented programming skills, experience of TDD, and a basic
understanding of SOLID design principles, MVP, clean code architecture
and other design patterns.
• Experience with writing unit tests
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Version control (git)
• Proficiency in other programming languages, particularly Swift/iOS
• Experience with writing UI tests using frameworks such as Espresso
• Experience working with Quickblox
• Experience working with Bluetooth
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Highly developed planning, organizational and problem-solving skills
• Outstanding technical and analytical ability
• Empathetic communicator, able to see things from the other person's
point of view
Personal qualities and attributes
• Team player
• Proactive, self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook
• Keen to deliver a first-class product
• Credible, and comfortable in dealing with a wide variety of stakeholders
• Reliable, tolerant, and determined
• Committed to the values and goals of FA • Flexible and reliable