We’re a Barcelona-based startup and the fastest-growing delivery player in Europe, Africa, and Western Asia. With food at the core of the business, Glovo delivers any product within your city at any time of day.
At Glovo, you’ll have the job of your life while working together towards our shared vision to give everyone easy access to anything in their city. We welcome top performers that will bring new ideas, diverse perspectives, and provide you the opportunities and freedom to grow and make a real impact on millions of lives… all while having fun!
We believe that diversity adds incredible value to our teams, our products, and our culture. We know that the best ideas and solutions come by bringing together people from all over the world and by fostering a culture of inclusion where everyone feels heard and has the chance to make a real impact. It's because of this that we are committed to providing equal opportunities to talent from all backgrounds.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (fFor example: she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
YOUR WORK-LIFE OPPORTUNITY:
The Delivery Flow team strives to please couriers with the smoothest delivery experience and supports the entire tech organization on delivery of features that maximize courier fleet's efficiency. We are searching for an Android Engineer who can contribute to our Courier App.
BE A PART OF A TEAM WHERE YOU WILL:
- Actively collaborate with your colleagues and learn from each other in a supportive environment that allows you to grow, develop and make a difference
- Be constantly improving the product
- Develop software using modern engineering approaches and agile principles
- Own your deliverables from start to finish
- Participate in the team’s life and contribute to decision-making
- An empathetic, inclusive and curious attitude.
- Capacity to work autonomously and figure out how to solve problems.
- 2+ years of relevant full-time experience as a mobile developer.
- Strong Java/Kotlin skills. Swift knowledge is a plus.
- Working knowledge of mobile architectures like MVVM, VIPER…
- Good understanding of Jetpack Compose
- Will to adhere to best practices in OO development and a need to leave well-structured code in your tracks.
- Ability to write good unit tests is a must, being experienced with UI testing is highly valued.
- Experience with Agile & SCRUM.
- Good English communication skills.
We are always looking for the best candidates, so if you think you would be a good fit even if you don't meet 100% of the requirements we would love to hear from you!
WHAT YOU’LL FIND WHEN WORKING AT GLOVO:
- Gas: Driven to deliver quality results quickly
- Good Vibes: Bring positivity and communicate openly
- Stay Humble: Self-aware and open to learning
- Care: Uplift people and the planet
- Glownership: Act as proud owners
- High Bar: Focus on Top Performance
EXPERIENCE OUR GLOVO LIFE BENEFITS:
- Enticing equity plan
- Top-notch private health insurance
- Monthly Glovo credit to spend on our restaurant products and zero delivery fee on all Glovo orders!
- Cobee discounts on kindergarten, transportation, and food
- Discounted gym memberships
- Flexible time off (take the time you need) and hybrid working model (own your time)
- Enhanced parental leave including nursery support!
- Online therapy and wellbeing benefit
- External learning budget
- We roll up our sleeves and get work done no matter our position and level.
If you believe you match these values, we look forward to meeting you!