As a Senior Android Engineer, you will be working directly with our design team and product managers with a focus on our Android Application. You will join a growing team of engineers to create a revolutionary mobile experience and work on our most strategic channel, impacting hundreds of thousands of customers every month.
The Native Apps team's mission is to create a personal companion that helps travelers discover, access, and experience the best things to do at their destination. We strive for customers to have the best experience they can while on their trips. We explore how we can leverage native technology, to shape the future of travel.
- Champion for the continuous improvement of our customers' experience
- Develop the native Android GetYourGuide applications
- Maintain a high standard of quality for our code, features, and products
- Translate high-level ideas and requirements into practical solutions
- Contribute to learning and advancement of our engineering practice
- Help build and grow our team
- Product and data-centric prioritization and decision making
- Ability to turn ideas into solid, maintainable code
- High proficiency with Java, Kotlin and using the Android Framework
- Capable of working in a diverse team alongside designers, product managers and backend engineers
- Open to learn new technologies and methodologies
- Positive, pro-active team player who is passionate about their craft
- Excellent English communication skills (orally and written)
Nice to Have:
- Have one or more successful Android apps published in Google Play
- Good knowledge of the following tools: Git, IntelliJ/Android Studio, Gradle, Dagger, OttoBus, Github, RX and lambda, JUnit/Espress, Jira
- Knowledge in RESTFul APIs highly advantageous
- Work on a product that helps create memorable travel experiences
- Smart, engaged co-workers
- Speak English in the office with people from over 50 nationalities
- Virtual stock options - be part of our success story
- Quarterly Hackathons and weekly tech talks
- Annual external training budget - be constantly learning
- Well stocked kitchen and our famous pizza & beer Friday’s
- GetYourGuide vouchers and free German lessons
- Relocation Assistance
Do you have the skills for the job, enthusiasm about our vision and fit our culture? We are already looking forward to hearing from you! If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the meantime, you can check our blog to get some insights on fixing bugs and how one of our Android developers sets up his projects. Check out other topics on our blog to see what happens behind the scenes at GetYourGuide and check out Tech Radar for an insight into the stack we use to turn our customers dreams' into reality!