Whitespectre is looking for an experienced Senior Android Developer with React Native experience to join one of our key delivery teams on a full-time, long-term basis. In this role, you’ll work within a fast-moving cross-functional squad of backend and front-end engineers, product, & UI/UX designers to solve interesting technical challenges and create products that drive real business growth at scale. As a senior member of the team, you'll help to drive architecture and implementation decisions, help product make smart decisions to deliver a great user experience in a scalable way, and mentor other engineers. In this particular role, you’ll be working hand-in-hand with members of the client team.
Whitespectre is a product development company that creates high-performing platforms and apps, both for our long-term client partners and our own products. Founded in 2013, we partner with both large established companies and high-growth start-ups in the US and Europe. We're a close-knit team of 70 smart and diverse architects, engineers, product managers and designers, working together remotely and growing!
What will you do?
- Build highly interactive and easy-to-use mobile applications for Android using Kotlin or Java.
- Collaborating with backend engineers in designing, specifying and implementing services to decouple functionality
- Identifying bottlenecks, using tools to diagnose and refactor code for scale
- Ensuring the robustness, performance and failure characteristics of the system.
- Writing well tested, defect-free code with CI/CD
- Taking ownership of production applications - managing issues, releases and ensuring quality
Our company toolset includes Kotlin, Swift, ReactJS, Typescript, Webpack, REST/GraphQL, CI/CD with Docker, Heroku/AWS, Rails6, Postgres, Elastic, etc. Automation and working smartly is important to us; dynamic environments spin up with new feature branches, slack bot integrations control our production releases.
You must have...
- Availability to work full-time within a fast-moving cross-functional team, working 11 am - 7 pm Central European Time
- Proven experience using Agile Methodologies in a remote team
- Production experience of Android applications and preferably Android Instant Apps.
- Nice to have - experience and/or interest in React Native apps
- A minimum of 3 years of experience performing this kind of role
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) are essential for this role.
- A learning mindset, curious about new things
What do we offer?
- Interesting challenges: We’ve done everything from scaling high-performance backends, building beautiful (but complex) user interfaces to low-level bluetooth communication with hardware devices.
- Competitive rates: This is a contract position with a long-term outlook (12 months+ full-time projects).
- 100% Remote: We've been proudly and successfully remote-first for over 7 years
- Impact: Our delivery teams are fast-moving, highly collaborative, and own products end to end - your thinking and contribution make a big impact!
- Great environment: We provide a great working atmosphere where you can share and learn with other smart people.
- Career progression: We want you to grow with us and provide the opportunities, knowledge sharing and mentorship to do that.
- Work-life balance: love your work, but know that it doesn’t take over your life.
- Paid Meetups: Come meet with your colleagues in Barcelona or at a local meetup.
The candidate must live outside of the US. Please no recruitment agencies.
Why is it good to work with us?
Because we work on great products. Sure, we can list the latest set of technologies that we use, but that is a given. Everyone does that right? What's more interesting is how they are used - the design, the architecture, the approach to solving business problems, and helping businesses to grow.
Because we believe in constant learning and exploring - whether that’s a new skill, a new role, or a new way of seeing. And because we've found that we learn the most when we take on new challenges as a team. We’re proud that people love working with us (and still have lives outside of work). Want to know more? Check out www.whitespectre.com and we're proud of what people are saying about us on Glassdoor