Shift is recruiting a senior Android Engineer to join our team and develop our native SDK that powers the digital distribution and fulfilment for major financial institutions. We are looking for a motivated self-starter who thrives in a dynamic environment and is excited about working hard to build the future of financial services. You should be able to understand and suggest improvements in our code as well as write the necessary tests to be sure that the features that you deliver are good to be shipped.
- Strong CS fundamentals.
- 3+ years of native Android development experience.
- Proficient in Java (experience in Kotlin is a plus).
- A deep understanding of the Android SDK.
- Experience with Android testing frameworks such as: JUnit, Robolectric, Espresso, Mockito…
- Ideally familiar with RxJava and/or Dagger.
- Passion for clean code.
- API experience with HTTP, REST and JSON. Backend experience is a plus.
- Sound judgment for balancing when to cut corners and long-term code maintainability
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git.
- Familiarity with some form of Test Driven Development.
- You have an opinion. We want people who are smart, creative, and passionate about the problems we are solving.
- Comfortable with high levels of responsibility.
- Excellent English communication skills
- You make all your technology decisions with the final user in mind.
- You're open to relocate to Barcelona.
- You're self-directed, with proven ability to manage goals and deadlines effectively.
- Passion for learning.
- Competitive salary and equity.
- Great team of driven people with different skill sets.
- Brand new Macbook Pro and external monitor setup.
- Awesome terrace equipped office in Barcelona.
- Flexible hours.
- Opportunity to work for an international company, building solutions used globally by millions of people.
About Shift Payments