Ocado Technology. We design and build the systems and technology that
power ocado.com, the world's largest online-only grocery retailer and
groceries.morrisons.com, the world’s fastest growing online supermarket!
Behind the public face, we write and build all our own systems, from website to warehouse control systems, van routing systems to mobile apps, every system involved in the operation has been carefully crafted by our large team of talented software engineers. We are constantly pushing the limits of what our technology can do. To accelerate this work, we are expanding our development team and building our newest development centre in Barcelona Spain. We are a rapidly expanding development team, backed by an established tech company from the UK. We plan to grow this new development centre to 200 people over the next 3 years - and that's based on our existing growth curve and conservative growth estimates (rather than the potential growth of a startup!)
As our business evolves, we are writing a next generation, cloud based grocery platform, Ocado Smart Platform, which will be used to run Ocado, Morrisons and many other international retailers in the future. Join us and you’ll have the opportunity to work across a wide range of technology, with some exceptionally smart people, to create an unrivalled platform.
Our Android and iOS apps were some of the first transactional shopping apps in the world on each platform, and have won industry awards, with features such as the ability to shop offline. Our mobile development team creates our suite of mobile apps for Android and iOS that now generates over 40% of our weekly orders. As the percentage of weekly orders taken on mobile is growing significantly day by day, it is backed by major new projects within the team, completely redefining what it means to shop for groceries on a mobile phone or tablet.
We are looking for dedicated Senior Android Developers to join our cross-functional agile team as we continue the development of this technically challenging and ever-evolving suite of apps.
- Skills and Experience
- Licenciado o Titulo de Ingeniero en Ingenieria Informatica o Tecnologias de la Informacion (A good degree in Computer Science or related subject)
- Strong programming and object-oriented design skills
- Good spoken and written English
- Extensive knowledge of the Android SDK and modern development tools such as Android Studio
- Extensive experience working on published Google Play store apps
- Pragmatic, but with a keen eye for detail
- A flexibility and willingness to work on iOS client or our back-end Java stack
- Passion and understanding for TDD
Nice to have
- A fanaticism for clean code!
- An understanding and some experience of Agile software development
- Experience working in a continuous delivery environment
- A mastery of git!
We can offer you:
- Flexible working hours, with a short Friday, and short working days in August
- Ticket restaurant scheme
- Developer Exchange program: a 2 - 3 week exchange giving you the opportunity to work at one of our overseas development centres
- Both in house and external training programs
- A selection of snacks, tea, coffee and fresh fruit
- Monthly drinks events to meet and relax with your colleagues
- Private health and life insurance
On top of this, we are an international company working across locations in the UK, Poland, Bulgaria and Spain, with lots of opportunities for travel. We are constantly reviewing and improving our employee benefits so you can expect things to get better and better.
There’s a lot going on at Ocado Technology! Find out more about us at http://www.ocadotechnology.com
Due to the fast paced nature of our business our vacancy close dates may be subject to change.