Your primary focus will be the development of the Speakap Android application, collaborating closely with the frontend-, backend- and mobile developers as well as the UI/UX designer who will provide specifications for the app. Being part of the development team, you will be reviewing your teammates’ code and giving your input on architectural design and implementation. Your duties include building new features as well as improving the stability and performance of existing ones.
The Speakap Android app is comprised of many activities, fragments and webviews and works with an SQLite database. Communication with the backend is done using a RESTful API.
- have 3+ years of hands-on experience with native app development for Android
- have extensive experience developing complex, scalable, multi-threaded applications. Having previously worked on social networking applications is a plus.
- have hands-on experience creating custom UI controls, consuming RESTful APIs, working with databases, animations, and performance optimizations
- have extensive experience working with web services and have a good understanding of network protocols
- believe automated testing is essential for delivering quality code and are familiar with frameworks like Mockito, Espresso, etc.
- automate repetitive tasks because you hate doing the same thing twice
- have experience with at least 2 other programming languages besides Java
- work with git and/or similar version control systems on a daily basis
- have no problem working with a Linux test environment (experience with Vagrant is a plus)
- have an agile mindset
- have good communication skills and are fluent in English
- a pleasant work environment
- the chance to help build an exciting new communication platform
- regular drinks, quality lunches, a foosball table and the latest MacBooks
- plenty of room for your own ideas
- a good salary
Speakap is an Amsterdam-based company developing a secure and private social platform. Hundreds of organizations and thousands of users benefit from our proven technology and have already improved their internal communication and processes. From small businesses to large enterprises: collaboration is happening everywhere.
Our experienced team constantly strives to create an even better application while taking into account usability, scalability and security. The new communication method used within organizations calls for an integrated user experience.
We want to make it easier to work and communicate internally, in all layers of the organization: from headquarters to local branches and from managers to sales representatives.
Up for the job?
Ready to make a next step in your career? Apply now. Get our attention by sending us a cover letter and your CV. For questions regarding your application please contact Erwin van der Vlist (+3120 – 820 42 96 / email@example.com).
Official website, founding date, employees, how did it all begin... Do you know the whole story?Tell Us!