We’re looking for a talented 2D Game Artist to join our Zeptoteam!
We are looking for a talented 2D Game Artist to join our team working on an unannounced project who will be able to create high quality art in short time-frames, fun and fresh experiences for the players, iterate quickly on design ideas and of course be willing to craft games that will be played by millions around the world.
As a member of the 2D Art team, your job will involve creating all kinds of environments, props, characters, VFX and UI for our games, striving to achieve the highest possible quality of art within our games. You will work closely with the teams during game development and contribute to the company's R&D projects. At the same time, you will work in synchronicity with the Art Leads to ensure all assets in each project are top-notch and spectacular.
Here's what Alexander Turkin, one of our Expert Artists, is saying about working as an Artist: “Zeptolab is fantastic about trust and your creative freedom. In fact, it is a major gamedev studio with indie mindset, as one artist here is able to draw the whole game, dang! Pitch a concept, design it, animate, be the Lab of your own. Feel the deep ownership of what you do every day.”
- At Zeptolab we believe that small high performance teams can do giant games, and that every team member can have a huge impact. As the team artist you will be in charge of creating and implementing all the visual aspects of the game: art style, art creation, UI, FX,...;
- Working hand in hand with your teammates, your role will be to create high quality art from start to finish, being as efficient and agile as possible;
- Within our team of talented artists, we expect you to continuously learn and improve your skills.
What we expect from you:
- A high-quality portfolio showing stylised/cartoony works and a good sense of color;
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in the game industry;
- Solid experience with Unity engine, shipped 1-2 projects in Unity;
- Experience in leading art production in a multidisciplinary team;
- Desire to work in a casual setting and mobile game development;
- The ability to produce creative designs for characters, props, backgrounds, and UI elements;
- Solid knowledge of Photoshop;
- Intermediate/advanced animation skills;
- Game development experience, preferably using Unity;
- Interest in market trends and innovative visual styles;
- Positive and proactive attitude;
- Open and willing to learn mindset;
- Good communication skills;
- English proficiency.
These would be considered a plus:
- Experience animating with Unity/Animate/After Effects/Spine;
- Good knowledge of Illustrator;
- Art or game related education.
Why join us:
- We do something magical and unique – we create great games – and we do it well;
- We operate in a challenging and rapidly growing mobile gaming industry;
- ZeptoTeam - is a cohesive team of enthusiastic professionals - so your input will be heard, and your role in the project will be weighty;
- Our office is cozy and beautiful, you'll have a comfortable working place.
- And at last – we'll offer you an attractive compensation package (from wages to social intangible elements. Package includes medical insurance, meals, transportation, fitness and a lot of additional services).
Since then, Cut the Rope games have been downloaded more than 1,3 billion times. Cut the Rope franchise aside, ZeptoLab released C.A.T.S. Crash Arena Turbo Stars and King of Thieves, massive multiplayer mobile titles with more than 170 million combined downloads so far. The company’s portfolio also includes Pudding Monsters and My Om Nom.
And there’s more to come! ZeptoLab is an ambitious and growing global entertainment brand: we’re constantly working on new games and aim to expand them beyond smartphone screens. With the help of our partners, we develop toys, clothes and other cool stuff. “Om Nom Stories” cartoon series has exceeded 3 billion views on YouTube and in-game player, and the seasons keep coming! Our mission is to bring fun to every corner of the world, and we’re just getting started.