MessageBird is a Cloud Communications Platform as a Service (CPaaS) company for SMS, Voice and Chat communications that connects businesses to 7 billion phones worldwide. We’re one of the fastest growing software companies in the world and we’re looking to expand our impressiv Engineering Team with an experienced Security Engineer to build a global team.
In return, you’ll gain access to one of the most fun, open, and ambitious groups of people working in Amsterdam. We push each other to be our ultimate best, and are the kind of company that will make you feel happy getting out of bed every morning.
- Design and operate data-driven security systems.
- Work with the platform team and help to build a trustworthy and agile platform and network.
- Work with other tech teams defining company wide security policies.
- Help other teams assess risks of the solutions they are delivering.
- Work alongside our Security Officer and help them come up with technical solutions.
Skills and Qualifications
- 5 years of relevant work experience in security
- Coding experience
- Experience with Kubernetes or similar systems
- Experience with security attacks and mitigation methods
- Network protocols and secure network design
- Operating system internals and hardening (e.g. Windows, Linux, OS X, Android)
- Web application and browser security
- Security assessments and penetration testing
- Authentication and access control
- Applied cryptography and security protocols
- Security monitoring and intrusion detection
- Incident response and forensics
- Development of security tools, automation or frameworks
- You love to code
- Experience with GCP/AWS IAM, KMS etc.
- Experience with HashiCorp Vault or something similar
- Experience with ACME
- Experience with Go
- Top-notch work equipment (MacBook, Large screen, Bose headphones, etc.)
- We are a team of foodies, so every single day, lunch is on us. Better said, our private chefs are serving great food all day long!
- Friday after-work drinks at the office
- MessageBird swag to keep you looking fresh in summer and feeling warm in winter
- Weekly kickboxing classes on our rooftop - yoga upcoming
- The occasional company trip (the last ones took us to Finland and Thailand)
- Occasional company and team outings (dinners, paintball, bubble ball, LAN gaming, movie night, etc.)
- A swanky new, spacious office with a ping pong table, Nintendo, Super Nintendo, Sega and PS4
- Forward thinking, talented and fun bunch of colleagues, hailing from more than 30 countries!
Work with us and build the data driven telecom company of the future. MessageBird is an equal opportunity employer. If you think you meet these requirements, apply! We look forward to your application letter and resume.