Are you passionate about web applications, devops, containerization, and software as a service (SaaS)? Do you care deeply about good communication, tone of voice, and clean grammar? Are you equally comfortable motivating others to write and reviewing their work as you are writing your own? Perfect. Join our Developer Relations (DevRel) team as a Seasoned Technical Writer and help us convey to developers worldwide how awesome our product is.
Our DevRel team speaks directly to the people who matter the most in our business, the developers who write and deploy web applications. We think their thoughts, feel their pain, and share their joy when things “just work”. We use How-To guides, Tutorials, Articles, and Reference Manuals to address all aspects of a developer’s learning path. We mix screencasts and videos with immaculately crafted texts for rich and engaging learning experiences.
Your role will be to cultivate a culture of contribution from our internal team of over 100 technologists, and to take the inputs they give you and add the structure and narrative needed to purpose fit the material to the task at hand. You will also constantly check the accuracy of the material by testing what is written, meaning you will learn and know our tools and technology thoroughly, while maintaining the perspective of the new customer or developer seeing the product for the first time.
- Assist in the vision, strategy, direction, and implementation of product documentation and learning materials
- Work with product owners, engineering, marketing, support, and sales to identify opportunities for improving developer experience when using the Platform.sh product
- Transform technical concepts into documentation learning materials that are structured and effective
- Help establish guidelines and structures for all documentation and learning materials
- Foster contribution to documentation and learning materials across the company
- Published works or impactful blog
- Obsessive about technical accuracy
- Independent and curious self-starter
- Demonstrated ability to produce high-quality technical content and drive complex documentation projects
- Demonstrated successful collaboration with technologists and partners
- Able to quickly grasp new technical concepts with enthusiasm.
- Proven success when working remotely
- Degree in English, Technical Writing, or a related field
- 5+ years of experience writing documentation for a developer audience
- Experience architecting, writing, and editing technical documentation for software developers
- Experience with documentation for web applications, hosting, or devops
- Experience with Git, Markdown, HTML
- English native speaker
This is a remote job. Work from anywhere!
Platform.sh is an idea-to-cloud application platform that simplifies cloud infrastructures.
We give developers the tools they need to experiment, innovate, get rapid feedback and deliver better-quality features with speed and confidence thanks to our unique rapid cloning technology.
Platform.sh serves thousands of customers worldwide including The Financial Times, Gap, Magento Commerce, Orange, Hachette, Ikea, Stanford University, Harvard University and The British Council.
We want people who are passionate, open, multicultural, friendly, humble and smart to join us and help this fast-growing, award-winning company to revolutionize the tech industry.