We are looking for a Search Engineer (Java/J2EE) who will be integrated into our Wall and Search development team.
Do you think big? Are you hands on? Do you love the lean startup method? Do you want to see how technology changes society and business? If you are the best java developer and search engineer who loves to develop new features and to work in an environment where things move quickly and performance and testing is of great importance, then this is your Job.
· Design and implement server features required to support new functionalities and releases.
· Deliver code (and supporting documentation) of the highest quality.
· Design and implement search features required to support new functionalities
· Enhance our search engine
· Optimizing and monitoring our search clusters
· Provide backend code supporting our API
Technical Skills (Must have)
- Degree in Computer Science, IT, Software Engineering, other related Engineering/Science degrees.
- More than 5 years experience as Search Engineer (Solr/Lucene)
- Proficiency in Java
- Extensive knowledge of Information Retrieval models, ranking formulas and concepts (VSM, TF-IDF, Okapi, etc)
- Extensive knowledge of standard solr components and functionalities (suggesters, spell-checkers, default components, faceting, etc)
- Experience architecting search systems.
- Experience with performance testing in search environments
- Experience with High-Traffic search systems.
- Experience optimizing and monitoring solr clusters
- Experience with multi-lingual search systems.
- Experience building custom components for Solr/Lucene (Query Parsers, Search Components, Sorters, Function Queries, Similarities, etc.)
- Experience tuning relevance and developing new ranking/sorting algorithms
- Experience with NRT indexing and replication features
- Experience with Spatial Search
- Good analytical and statistics skills
Technical Skills (Nice to have)
- Elastic Search
- Experience with AWS
- A/B Testing
- Natural Language Processing
- Experience in an Agile methodologies (scrum)
- Experience in Lean Start-Up
Personal and Additional Skills
- We are looking for a proactive professional, with a can-do-attitude and leadership and communicative skills. Ability to coordinate, plan and manage complex technical solutions.
Wallapop is a pure mobile marketplace that helps people find the best opportunities to buy and sell nice things nearby. But beyond that, what we really want to do is offer the best street trade experience to all our users around the world. In order to achieve this we are looking for some special people...
- - Amazing office space.
- - Apple or PC equipment of your choice.
- - Specialised training.
- - Health insurance.
- - Amazing offsites twice a year.
- - International team (now 10 nationalities) .
- - Help with apartment searches.