Alea is an award-winning leader in the online gaming field. We are dedicated to delivering fully licensed, multi-platform casinos to our customers, while at the same time, offering high-performance gaming solutions and top-quality services to the marketplace.
Here at Alea, we are building an awesome cloud-based casino engine, aiming to provide the best player experience in eGaming. And let's be honest, we simply want our software to be the best - less is just not acceptable.
As a cutting-edge technology startup, we also have provided the first Virtual Reality Casino experience in the world.
You will be working with the IT team and here, we love agility. We love being flexible and we are not afraid to change when we see something that can be improved.
We are currently looking for a new SCRUM Master, who will spread among the development team Agile practices, culture, values, ensuring performance and quality standards of development.
He will be a servant-leader of the Team, Helping those outside the Team understanding which of their interactions with the Team are helpful and which are not. The SCRUM Master will coach team in order to achieve best quality, user alignment, value creation and team engagement.
First of all, we are looking for an outstanding leader, someone who can head a complex team through his human and technical leadership:
Activities and Interactions
- Provide leadership in the adoption of Agile practices, culture and values by teams across a portfolio of projects
- Secure and promotes the Scrum framework, tools and practices
- Facilitate Scrum events as requested or needed
- Assist the team during the framing phase of the product development in order to maximize the value creation
- Act as the point of contact between the team and the
organization to make sure the required skills are staffed allowing
efficient product development
Activities with the Product Owner
- Help the PO to achieve product objectives using Scrum
- Help the PO to keep focused on value creation and customer alignment
- Help the PO understand product planning in an empirical environment
- Ensure that the PO knows how to arrange the Product Backlog to maximize value
Activities with the Development Team
- Enable the Team to improve its efficiency and quality of deliverables by following Agile development best practices
- Motivate the Team and embodies positive and constructive mindset on top of Agile values and culture
- Facilitate project level obstacle removal and team consensus on solutions
- Coache the Team in self-organization and cross-functionality
- Protect the team from external interruptions
- Help the Team to create high-value products
- Coach the Development Team in organizational environments in which Scrum is not yet fully adopted and understood
Desired Skills and Experience
- You have an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the
Agile Manifesto and Agile methodologies, from a theoretical and a
- You have a proven track record of implementing and developing Agile practices and mothodology.
- You Ideally have a SCRUM Master certification .
- You have a strong developer background, mainly with PHP using MVC frameworks (ideally Symfony).
- You are a natural leader, you lead by example and you have a proven track record of leading and coaching a complex development team.
- You are an excellent communicator, able to handle and oversee several projects at the same time.
- Knowledge of Jira and Confluence is highly appreciated
- You speak English and Spanish fluently.
- You are able to join our office based in the center of Barcelona.
What We Offer
- A really competitive salary package based on your experience.
- An awesome flexible benefits package, including Medical insurance, Gym, fresh fruit every day, Food and Transport card.
- To join an international, young and friendly work environment (we play video games and have a drink altogether after work on our terrace).
- To work with the newest cutting-edge technologies (PHP7, Synfony4, Angular5, Redis)
- Reduced working schedule on Friday and summer.
Apply only if you already have a valid EU work permit.