Eventbrite is disrupting a huge industry in desperate need of a shakeup. As a Business Development Representative in Berlin you are the first person to tackle business development efforts. You’ll generate demand, interest, and excitement for Eventbrite while creating a pipeline (lead generation) of business to arm our Business Development Managers. This is a great entry-level position to start your sales career at Eventbrite.
What makes Business Development at Eventbrite so exciting? You’ll be working with event organisers in Germany and abroad who manage everything from music festivals to concert venues to complicated registrations for mud runs, beer festivals, conferences, and much more. Our horizontal platform means no one conversation with a potential client is the same - the possibilities are endless! There is no one-size-fits-all solution. We’re consultative experts, and we train and invest in our smart and goal-oriented team to grow their careers here at Eventbrite.
The Business Development team is a small group with diverse backgrounds—seasoned business development people, marketers, and a few former musicians and promoters. We’re charged with kicking off conversations with and generating qualified leads to our Business Development Managers. We work with all kinds of event organisers to turn them into successful Eventbrite customers. Learn more about our global Business Development organisation.
Eventbrite officially opened our Germany office in 2015. Our German team is focused on continuing growth through brand awareness and marketing and targeting events where our product is a great fit to help organisers be more successful. The team is made up of three primary functions: Business Development, Marketing, and Customer Success. We’re a growing team of over 25 people, and we help each other out as we work towards our shared vision of making Eventbrite a household name when it comes to live experiences.
This position is critical for driving Eventbrite's business development efforts. Eventbrite's goal is to become the favourite ticketing and registration solution by providing organisers and attendees with simple, yet powerful, event technology. At Eventbrite, you’ll find a team of dynamic, smart and engaged people who are passionate about building communities and creating innovative products to help people get together around live experiences.
As a Business Development Representative, you're the first person to get in touch with prospective clients. You get to do a full discovery, learn about their goals and pain points, and see if there is Eventbrite is a good fit for their needs. As the first point of contact, you must be able to understand the diverse business needs of our event organisers. You’re quick on your feet, and your grit and resilience help you handle objections like a pro. You’ll become an expert in the event industry and the Eventbrite solution. You’ll use your convincing personality and passion for winning to raise the bar of success, documenting and tracking qualified opportunities to pass on to the Business Development Management team.
THE SKILL SET
- 6 months/1 year experience in a sales role in fast paced environments, ideally doing lead generation and cold-calling.
- Full professional proficiency in English and German
- A fearless ability to proactively engage new clients
- A consultative business development approach and knowledge of how to maintain control of a conversation
- The skills to passionately and clearly articulate value
- A knack for asking great questions to uncover issues with a prospect’s current process
- A firm understanding of how to qualify buyer interest and identify target customers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A team-player attitude with a strong desire to help improve internal processes beyond just your day-to-day tasks
WHAT WE OFFER
- Eventbrite full compensation & Perks plan.
- Share options (your piece of EB pie!).
- Remote work policy.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Profesional development & training paths.
- International Career options.
- A young dynamic team with a ‘let's make it happen’ mentality.
- Team lunches and team offsites.
- Lots of fancy snacks, fruits, drinks & happy hours.
- A family-friendly environment.
- 2 office dogs and a lot of fun
Eventbrite powers ticketing and registration for more than two million live experiences each year, hosting the world’s largest online selection of events. We build technology that allows anyone to create, share, find and attend events of all kinds. Music festivals, marathons, conferences, hackathons, political rallies, fundraisers, gaming competitions— you name it, we power it.
Is this role not an exact fit?
Eventbrite is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, and applications from all suitably qualified individuals are encouraged, regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Eventbrite company page is empty
Add a description and pictures to attract more candidates and boost your employer branding.