We are a tech company that had reinvented the insurance industry combining data, design, and technology. CoverWallet is expanding across the USA, Europe, and Australia. We have built an incredible team of 400 people (between New York, Madrid, Sevilla, Valencia and Singapore). We are growing our software development team in Spain and Singapore to scale globally within Aon, as the market leader.
We are Reinventing business insurance with new investors and executives
What you will do here
- Design, implement and deploy our software products.
- Produce clean, efficient code based on specifications.
- Integrate software services and third-party services.
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing software.
- Work as part of a team with other engineers to build and deliver features.
- Participate in code reviews, identify and apply best practices for software development.
- Create technical documentation for reference.
- Prepare accurate implementation task lists/time estimates and deliver assignments based on requirements.
- Contribute to the security of our systems.
- Contribute to recruitment activities.
- Produce and promote clean code.
- Mentor other junior engineers.
- Act as a technical representative with external stakeholders on behalf of the team.
- Eventually, play a scrum master role.
- Recommend and implement new technologies, processes, and systems to increase productivity.
- Work with the leadership team to define the platform roadmap.
Who we are looking for
- 3+ years of proven experience as a Software Engineer include Ruby and Rails technology stack.
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies, and a delivery process based on pull-requests.
- Experience with test-driven software design.
- Knowledge of cloud infrastructure and deployment processes.
- Ability to learn new languages and technologies.
- Excellent English communication skills.
- Team player.
- Usually BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field.
What we offer
- The possibility to disrupt one of the biggest industries, and in one of most developed digital markets in the world.
- Great offices in New York, Madrid, Sevilla, Valencia and Singapore.
- Competitive and flexible compensation (tickets restaurant, transport card, daycare checks and external training).
- Annual variable bonus.
- Company-paid Life and Accident Insurance, and Medical insurance as benefits.
- Additional budget for individual education and online training courses (1.500€ per year).
- Top vacation days per year.
- Flexible working hours.
- Team building activities: hackathon, meetups and tech talks in the office, code katas.
- A fun, multicultural and fast-paced environment.
- Drinks, coffee, and fruits.
New York, NY, USA
Powered by deep analytics, thoughtful design, and state-of-the-art technology, CoverWallet is reinventing commercial insurance for small and medium-sized businesses.