Who are we?
Jobandtalent is the first Digital Staffing Agency. In other words, we are a workforce on-demand company that relies heavily on tech. We are revolutionizing the staffing world by using technology where there was only paperwork and we are having some exciting technical challenges along the way.
We integrate the complete process of selecting, hiring and managing employees, being the first in digitizing all the steps, introducing Artificial Intelligence solutions in multiple phases, obtaining faster and higher-quality service for our clients and great satisfaction and loyalty for our workers.
We are headquartered in Madrid, where Jobandtalent was founded in 2009. Since then it has obtained financing worth more than 80 million euros from the best technological risk capital funds in Europe, becoming one of the most valued Spanish startups internationally with current revenues of over 200 million euros per year.
Our Impact on Society
Our vision is to create long-term job security conditions for our workers while providing flexible solutions to our clients. We can do this by concatenating different short-term contracts and minimizing or completely removing–their unemployed time. We want to remove the need for finding a job ever again.
We want to help companies hire the best professionals in a more flexible way, improving their productivity while helping millions of workers increase their employability, income and quality of life.
- An algorithm that matches workers with real-time offers in the app
- A database with all our workers with a rating system based on big data analytics
- A digital contracting process that allows the worker to sign his contract in the app and upload all the necessary documents
- A CRM for the calculation and automatic payment of payroll
- Tools and algorithms for optimizing schedules and monitoring performance
We are Engineering-Driven. We follow all best engineering practices adapted to provide the maximum value within our product. We automate all our daily work and processes as much as we can, letting us focus on the real interesting problems we need to face. We are continuous learners always willing to add more talented team members to improve ourselves.
We have great challenges for the Back-end Team! Dealing with a service-oriented architecture that support many different products to optimize each part of the recruitment process challenges each of us on a daily basis to improve companies KPIs. Solving complex product problems leads the team towards the mastery of software and domain design.
We are looking for a new passionate RoR Developer to join the Jobandtalent Back-end team.
We are seeking a developer with strong Ruby/Rails skills, a T-shaped developer able to move from one language or technology to a different one by having extensive knowledge in foundations, principles and practices allowing them to learn the next implementation detail on the job.
You will be working in one of our product teams inside the Back-end guild to design and implement real-world staffing problems solutions in a Service Oriented Architecture platform.
In this position, you will have to use your skills to improve our product, data architecture, implement robust, high-quality code allowing us to scale to more use cases, countries and languages, helping people to employ and be employed in a frictionless way.
Company KPIs drive the prioritization of features you will build using your well-known software engineering best practices to deliver maintainable and scalable code on-time.
- At least 3 years of software development experience, preferably web and API development
- At least 1 year of experience building Ruby/Ruby on Rails, customer-facing applications
- BA/BS or higher in computer science or equivalent work experience
- English is a must, and we value Spanish a lot
- You master Git and the GitHub workflow, which we use extensively at Jobandtalent
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies (inc. Scrum, Kanban, …) and working with a Design team
- You know your way through Linux servers and app deployments
- Experience working with distributed systems
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit, understanding problems and looking for solutions out of the box
- A thirst for analyzing key business metrics & qualitative feedback
- A hands-on approach to understanding and tackling business challenges
Nice to have
- You're a programming language polyglot and learn new languages and tools for fun and profit, but always choosing the right tool for the job (we like Ruby, Elixir, Python, Go, Scala, Rust, …)
- You have worked at a startup based on Ruby on Rails
- You are very familiar with relational databases and modelling (we use and love Postgres). You "respect" them at scale and cache everything
- You've used non-relational (NoSQL) databases or at least they are on your radar (we use Redis and DynamoDB)
- Possibility to work remotely or in the Jobandtalent HQ in the sunny Madrid
- Remote details: GMT -1 to +2 EU only (on-site for 6 weeks onboarding and meetings every 2 months)
- Our office is in the city centre of Madrid, minutes away from the Real Madrid stadium (even if you are not a Real supporter the area is very cool)
- The chance to make an impact in one of the fastest-growing startup companies in Europe
- A global team formed by dynamic, highly skilled and ambitious people
- Learn from some of the greatest Engineers, Designers & Product people in Spain
- Flat organization and collaborative environment
- Ownership of projects with direct impact on the product
- Transparent Equity package
- Discount on Health insurance
- A yearly budget for Conferences, Meetups or self-learning
- Free fruit, free coffee and free lunch on Fridays!
- A shiny MacBookPro/Linux machine
- Flexible working hours