We’re looking for a Ruby developer with ~1 year of experience with Ruby on Rails. We don't like the "Junior" and "Senior" thing, but if you really need to think about this position in those terms, this would be probably a "Junior" (sic) one.
You’ll be joining a multinational, diverse and small team (10 ppl) based in Madrid downtown (next to Puerta del Sol).
We’re looking for someone with some previous experience in:
* Ruby on Rails
* PostgreSQL and/or MySQL
* CoffeeScript and/or ES6
* HAML + SCSS
* RSpec + Capybara (TDD / BDD)
It would be amazing, but not required, if you also had previous experience working on a start-up environment and knowledge of some of the following technologies:
* Docker / Kubernetes
* Agile methodologies (Scrum / Kanban)
We don't care if you have a college degree, you're coming from a coding bootcamp or you're a self-taught programmer. We're just looking for someone who really loves programming and is eager to learn more.
Final bonus point if you are a dog owner or love dogs as much as we do.
* Develop new features for our website
* Maintain and develop new features for our APIs, which serve our mobile app.
* Assist our Customer Support team on clients' issues that require technical assistance.
These are some of the things that we believe you may learn while working with us:
* Working on a large code base (don't worry, we got a large test suite to make sure we don't break things).
* Working on a i18n-ed project (we operate in 4 languages and 2 currencies).
* DevOps (Kubernetes) and Continuous Integration.
* Designing APIs for mobile apps.
* GraphQL: we're planning to migrate from REST to GraphQL in the mid term.
* SEO: most of our traffic is organic so we take a lot of care on this one.
* React Native: if you'd like to get yourself into mobile development, we'll make sure to give you some work to do on that front.
* Everything about dogs.
You'll be working side by side with Javier – our CTO – who has +8 years of experience working with Ruby, and Gerardo – our Lead Mobile Developer – who is a React Native and ES6 expert.
* Flexible working hours
* Dog-friendly office
* Coffee for you and treats for your dog
HOW TO APPLY
Apply here or send an email to jobs [at] gudog [dot] com