We are looking for software engineers to develop and improve our backend code that is composed of several services and APIs to build the e-commerce, as well as to do video streaming and video encoding.
Rakuten TV - “Your cinema at home” - is one of the leading Video-On- Demand platforms in Europe providing the latest movie releases with the latest technology in a true cinematic experience available on Smart TVs. Rakuten TV is currently distributed in 12 countries and is part of the Internet and e-commerce Japanese giant Rakuten, now sponsor of FC Barcelona, The Golden State Warriors and Shakira’s El Dorado Tour.
- Backend stack is based in: Rails 5, AWS, Docker, MySQL, Redis, ElasticSearch, Varnish, Resque, SQS, Git
- We are obsessed with quality: we use Code Climate, have a coverage of more than 95% (rspec), and do extensive code review. Also, we have a dedicated QA team that implements functional testing
- We follow continuous integration and deploy to production several times every day.
- We are divided in small teams that follow SCRUM with one production manager and QA engineer
- We use New Relic for profiling our apps. Rollbar to gather all the production errors. And Datadog for monitoring our systems
What we expect from you:
- Develop and improve our Rails APIs and services.
- Design, code, test, implement, and maintain software.
- Define the architecture of the new functionalities to implement
- Have knowledge and experience implementing and using REST APIs
- Have Knowledge and experience with relational databases, database design, SQL and ActiveRecord
- Knowledge and experience with NoSQL databases (we use Redis)
- Knowledge and experience with message queuing services (we use SQS and Resque)
- Experience with real production environments that requires 99.99% uptime
- Develop high-volume, highly available, and distributed production APIs
Some good reasons to apply:
- Opportunity to work for a leading company within the rapidly growing OTT market.
- Great work environment 2 blocks away from Poblenou’s beach
- Culturally diverse environment with people from approx. 22 different nationalities
- Regular company outings, off-sites and team-building events
- Private Medical Insurance or extra money for meal card/commuting card
- Free Language Classes
- Conferences and training plan. Quarterly hackathons.
- Free massage for all the team
If you made it this far, you’re probably interested in sending us an introduction about yourself. Send us over a cover letter, a copy of your resume, Github account, and/or links to any projects you are proud of, and we’ll be in touch.