Our Start Up Playfulbet, a leading entertainment platform of sports gaming and betting with +400K active international users per month, is looking for a Back End Developer who will help them take their success even further.
- Are you attracted to be one of the core developers in a startup that is already a well-known disrupting brand and model in Spain and LATAM?
- Are you passionate about Sports and eSports?
- Want to develop a platform used already by +5 millions of users?
- Are you up for the challenge of building a platform that integrates gaming, betting and sports to create a surprising and fun solution to the users?
- Do you love coding with Ruby on Rails or are you up for the challenge to learn all about it?
Then join us as a Software Developer!
Here you will find great teamwork in an agile environment. We care about software quality and maintainability, so we promote the use of TDD and other and other good practices like continuous integration, daily gem updates, code reviewing and frequent refactoring.
Some of the perks
- Lead engineering position in a young and expanding Start up.
- The excitement of the users when you deploy new functionalities! Note that we don’t deploy on Fridays J
- Active involvement in decisions, brainstorming and meetings &freedom to take you own decisions and bring ideas to the table.
- A dynamic team where every day will be different to the last. Yes, you will be allowed to shoot a colleague with a Nerf…
- We will provide you with a Macbook Pro Retina
- Free lunch for Friday Superleague’s winner and great prizes for the winner of the Quarterly League
- Team building activities such as Laser Tag, Escape Rooms or Karting.
- Being part of the Itnig Start Up ecosystem that will provide much more than a job experience with afterwork learning and entertainment activities:
Ping pong championships - we have our own ping pong table at the office!
Office breakfast on Tuesdays
Afterwork activities such as Poker, Table games or LAN Parties
Conferences, events, training and workshops onsite
- Be actively involved in 2-week Sprints developing new features for Playfulbet such as levels, medals, rankings, rewards, skills, quests, quiz, trivia and other surprises!
- Work with Redis, Galera and Elasticsearch clusters until they can’t take it anymore
- Rails 5 and why not, Edge!
- Set up of Apache Kafka and involvement in Web and API for our mobile apps.
- Research best practices and bring ideas to the table to help Playfulbet growth and success! But we will ask you to back it up with Datau by using Google BigQuery and A/B test for analysis.
If you are keen on our project, these would be our must for you:
- Experience as web developer with back end experience, preferably on Ruby on Rails
- Experience with scalable DB design and implementation
- Good knowledge of MySQL at admin, user and query optimisation level
- Not afraid of front end stuff in HTML5, CSS and Javacript
- Agile development experience
- Familiar with GIT and TDD
- Passion for sports!
Itnig is an Internet startup builder based in Barcelona that strives to give value and attract the most talented performers in Europe, with whom we want to keep building the Internet companies of the future. It is the ecosystem shared by tech startups such as Camaloon, Quipu, Playfulbet or Gymforless where different activities like workshops, training, tech debates or after works take place every week. A multicultural environment that helps fostering collaboration and learning.
Don’t miss the opportunity to join a great team where your ideas will always be heard!