BlueCargo is a fast-moving start-up based in Paris & Silicon
Valley with the mission of bringing efficiency to the global maritime
supply chain. We are looking for people who share the same ambitious
goals and want to make a difference by joining our small and talented
BlueCargo makes analytics and predictions actionable to improve terminal operations. Our software leverages machine learning to help terminal operators better organize their storage yard, placing containers at the right spot under space & time constraints. BlueCargo is the place to be if you want to play Tetris/Jenga with shipping containers! Thanks to BlueCargo, the terminal can optimize asset utilization and better serve its clients, reducing truck turn time and freeing up terminals roadways.
Founded in 2018 by Alexandra Griffon (CEO), Laura Theveniau (Data & Product Officer) and Arthus de Saint Chaffray (CTO). BlueCargo just raised its seed round and is part of Y Combinator, world’s #1 accelerator (Airbnb, Dropbox, Docker, Algolia, Flexport, etc.). Our prospective customers are spread all over the world and our first two are based in France and the US.
We are building an incredible company with the mission of reshaping how goods are moved from sea to land. We are a team of engineers working on diverse set of fields: machine learning, simulation, operations research, 3D visualization, etc. We are looking for problem solvers: self-motivated, results-driven and creative individuals to help us bring the maritime supply chain revolution to the world.
What you will do
As an early employee, you will get to take a leading role in the team.
- Design and develop data sourcing services under different format (file exchange, API, scraping, web crawling, ...)
- Enable and automate integration with ports regardless of their level of technology
- Enable product deployment into ports regardless of their level of technology
- Analyze, design and develop tests and test-automation suites
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements in existing systems and platforms
- Collaborate cross-functionally with different players internally: data scientist, product officer and other engineers to achieve elegant solutions
- Work alongside other engineers on the team to elevate technology and consistently apply best practices
What we are looking for
In addition to the following technical skills, we are looking for PROBLEM SOLVERS with an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Masters or Ph. D in quantitative field (Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science)
- Experience and interest in research
- Proficient in Python and at least 1 year of prior work experience sourcing, cleaning and analyzing large volumes of data and building ML models using Python: Pandas and Scikit-learn (mandatory), Keras, Tensorflow (plus)
- Programming skills to code complex algorithms that traverse multiple data structure types
- Solid understanding and hands on experience with SQL, especially for data aggregation
- Prior experience in time-series modeling and/or anomaly detection ML is a plus
- Genuine interest for real-world business problems (optimization problems in container storage has a direct and strong impact)
- Strong intellectual curiosity and ability to solve difficult problems with minimal supervision
- Be proactive, creative and eager to learn
- English proficient
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT BLUECARGO
- Be ready to travel to the next port city!
- Engineering-driven team (agile cycles, JIRA, GitHub, daily standup, knowledge session, pair-programming, test-driven, continuous integration, server-less architecture, etc.)
- Best tools that money can get you
- Best team that work and fun can build
- Competitive salary
- Start-up ecosystem benefits (Alan, Lunchr etc.)
LEARN MORE ABOUT BLUECARGO
- Website: Bluecargo.io
- Techcrunch 2018: Startups that launched today at Y Combinator’s Summer 18 demo day
- Port du futur: BlueCargo Lauréat du trophée port du futur 2018
- Les Echos Entrepreneurs: BlueCargo lauréat du prix Moovjee 2018
- Chef d’entreprise: BlueCargo lauréat du prix Moovjee
We would love to hear from you, why you would like to join our
startup and what you'd love to do. You will hear back from us within a
few days of your application.
Send your resume to Laura: email@example.com
- Conversations (telephone/skype/meeting): 1 HR conversation, 1 technical conversation
- Take-home challenges: 1 set of coding problems, 1 advanced problem (online, on a coding platform with a member of our technical team)
- On-site project: meeting with the entire team (on site, 1 full day) and work on a specific project
- Contract type: Full-Time
- Start date: 15 November 2018
- Location: Paris, France (75002)
- Education Level: Master's Degree
- Experience Level: > 1 year