Stuart is the disruptive on-demand urban logistics platform that will transform our daily lives. Our technology allows businesses big and small in every industry to deliver to their local customers with never-before-seen speed and efficiency. We create thousands of economic opportunities for businesses and courier partners whilst redefining customer expectations when it comes to delivery.
Led by Clément Benoit and Benjamin Chemla, the founders of two successful, international delivery businesses, and supported by 22M€ in funding led by Le Groupe La Poste, Stuart began operating in Paris mid-2015. Earlier this year we launched London and Barcelona, with many more cities across Europe in the pipeline for 2016.
We’re looking for a talented for a Research Scientist who will play a critical role in our expansion in Europe. Your mission will be to design and implement algorithms and predictive models to drive Stuart’s growth. Based in our office in sunny Barcelona, you will be joining a growing team of successful entrepreneurs and alumni from Uber, Yahoo and BCG.
What will you do?
Work within the Data Science team in an extremely versatile environment dealing with problems that space on different areas of the company. Example of projects treated by the team includes, but are not limited to: dealing with prediction and forecasting using geo-spatial data, improve critical business needs sustained by statistical analysis, ranking problems and algorithms related to the dispatch logic.
The candidate is expected to understand business needs and translate them in advanced actionable mathematical models. This role is crucial in leading last-mile logistics and driving strategical business decisions that optimise cost and impact the life of many. Therefore, strong mathematical skills are expected as well as an understanding of how proposed solutions should be implemented in practice.
Who are you?
- Fluent in English
- PhD in Machine Learning, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics or similar
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of Machine Learning and Data Mining
- Experience in Recommender Systems, Ranking Problems and Predictive Models
- Proven experience with Python, R and/or Scala for statistical analysis, modeling and evaluation of algorithms and prototypes
- Proven experience with distributed systems framework such as Hadoop, PIG, Hive, Spark or similar big-data technologies
- Able to define and describe problem statements and understand business requirements in an actionable manner
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment on multiple tasks and problems
- Ability to work autonomously while being a strong team player
What is a plus?
experience in data extraction, cleansing and exploration as well as
visualization techniques and tools (e.g., Kaggle challenges style)
- Research background where publications in conferences and journals as well as patents
- Previous experience with other Object-Oriented programming
The icing on the cake?
- Very attractive compensation package including equity
- Have a real impact
- Awesome work environment at a company with a huge vision
- Be right there from the start of a success story
- Relaxed, fun work environment and flexible working hours
- Extras like catered lunch, gym membership, private health insurance…
We want you to take on a role you love and we want to offer you a place you’re proud and happy to come to everyday.
If you feel like this role could be a good fit, hit the button and apply. We'd love to hear more about you.
Stuart mission is to become the on-demand delivery leader in every supercity of the world through a simpler, quicker and cheaper transportation model.
From data scientists to restless couriers, designers to operation managers… Stuart strength rests upon our plurality of skills and expertise, building up our unique team. They operate from their headquarters in Barcelona, as in Paris, Brussels, London and Berlin, the first cities they'll ride through.
Co-Founded in 2015 by D. Leca (Sparrow founder acquired by Google in 2012), Stuart is now backed by great entrepreneurs such as J.D. Blanc (Allociné), J.A. Granjon (Vente-privee.com) and O. Mathiot (PriceMinister), with a total investment of €22 million.