Newzoo is a leading global market intelligence and analytics firm with a primary focus on games, esports, and mobile. Performing consumer research for clients within these markets is one of our core activities. As a Research Analyst, you will work together with companies such as Wargaming, Google, and Nvidia—making sure their needs are satisfied by carrying out syndicated and bespoke research. Your daily tasks will include managing research projects from start to finish, performing data analyses, preparing client presentations, and engaging with clients during calls. Additionally, you will train other research analysts (junior and mid-level) within the team, helping them grow and improve their skills.
- Managing and conducting multiple syndicated and custom research projects, tailored to our clients’ needs, from start to finish;
- Pitching research proposals, doing kick-off calls, and scoping the research set-up with clients;
- Running client analyses and creating client specific PowerPoint presentations based on custom analysis of the data;
- Presenting results of market research in a graphically appealing manner;
- Analyzing data from various sources, including our primary consumer research in 28 countries/markets, data streams from our clients, and our global games market data (in Excel and our own online dashboards).
- 2-3 years' relevant work experience;
- MSc degree (Market Research, Psychology, Marketing [Management], Business Administration, or something similar);
- Strong analytical and statistical skills, with the ability to answer client questions independently using statistically sound advice based on the available data;
- Experience with data analysis tools and/or data processing;
- You thrive in a dynamic environment, have a critical and analytical mindset, excellent social skills, and are excited to look for new ways to improve our research methodology;
- A clear affinity with the Internet and digital media. A strong interest in video games in particular is a plus;
- Ability to work independently;
- Intellectually curious and creative problem solver;
- Strong analytical writing and communication skills in Dutch and/or English (fluent);
- Nice-to-have skills: experience with using R (or similar programming languages) to automate data processing;
- We love quirks! If you have unique interests or talents, we will work them into your personal development;
- Must already be living in the Netherlands, preferably in or near Amsterdam.
- Full-time job overlooking Amsterdam’s harbor, with some international travel likely;
- A job with a very international outlook in a dynamic, ever-changing, and fun industry;
- Direct contact with data partners and clients;
- Opportunity and tools to develop your skills, apply your unique talents, and shape your future career;
- Be part of a fast-growing, ambitious, young, and energetic team.
Why people love working here
Competitive salary and a good pension scheme
An annual budget for personal development
Working in the heart of three of the most vibrant cities in the world
Monthly chair massages
Monthly after-hour activities
Daily ping pong, foosball, and pinball contests (sometimes out of hand)