Rover.com connects pet parents with the world’s largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers. On Rover, pet parents can easily discover, book, and manage personalised care for their dogs including pet sitting, dog walking, and doggy daycare. Founded in 2011 on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog, Rover improves and simplifies life for pet parents. We’re the European hub of a VC-backed Tech startup headquartered in Seattle. You will join an amazing and ambitious global team. In Europe, we’re an international team with about 27 nationalities represented in our Barcelona office. Our pioneering approach to people and pups alike landed us on the list of GeekWire’s Next Tech Titan in 2019 and the World's Most Innovative Companies in 2018 by Fast Company. Needless to say (but we're going to say it anyway) we love animals, and we wouldn't dream of going to work without them by our side.
Meet the Trust & Safety and International team
The Trust & Safety and International (TSI) team is responsible for feature and engineering development that ensures the safety and well-being of Rover’s sitters, pet owners, and pets. We also work on some aspects of business scalability, which is why international expansion is within our charter.
Why We'll Hire You
- You have a true passion for Rover’s mission and values - and are highly motivated by the responsibility to foster a safe environment for our community.
- You enjoy building customer-facing products that improve people's and pet's lives!
- You enjoy seeing your own efforts having an outsized impact on the business and our customers.
- You are passionate about API design, observability, and building platforms.
- You are eager to learn and improve your craft as a software engineer.
- You are excited to learn new technologies and contribute across the stack.
- You can take loose requirements, work with others to figure out what needs to be done, and drive a project forward.
- You enjoy being part of a great community of pet lovers.
- Computer science or software engineering degree
- 2+ years experience as a professional software developer.
- Familiarity with relational databases and schema design.
- Passionate about automated testing, code quality, and engineering best practices.
- You get along well with others and thrive in a collaborative environment and your values align with Rover's Core Values.
Your Bonus Skills
- Experience with Django/Python
- Comfort working across the entire system from frontend to backend.
- Knowledge/Interest in mobile development
- Familiarity with Docker
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration/Deployment tools
- The position is in-house at our Barcelona office. All applicants must have the right to live and work in Spain. We can help with relocation assistance though!
- You’re a team player and work well with other teams in the company.
- You are meticulous about design and user experience because you want to deliver the best service to your customers.
- You are used to working with different agile methodologies such as Scrum/Kanban/XP.
- You love new challenges and are eager to solve new problems.
- Good level of written and spoken English (our Engineering Team is in Barcelona but we work in English).
- You love pets!
- We are proud to be professional software developers building high quality, scalable and supportable solutions.
- We embrace progressive engineering practices including a continuous deployment pipeline and automated testing. Our engineers just merge their branch and it ships.
- We are serious about the quality of our product operations and constantly monitor our systems and applications to early-detect anomalies.
- We're data-driven and believe in informing many of our decisions through experimentation. Our feature teams represent small autonomous business units with developers, product managers, and designers working side-by-side.
- We are friendly, supportive, and respectful, and we pay attention to the impact and quality of our work as well as keeping work/life balance.
- And, dogs in the office!
Benefits of working at Rover.com
- Competitive compensation
- Permanent contract
- Stock options
- Private health insurance
- Gym allowance
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Monetary help for adopting a dog plus yearly credit to use on our platform
- Flexible work hours, sometimes you’ll need to be in at certain times, but on the whole, we’re pretty flexible when it comes to managing workload and time
- Grab snacks, fresh fruit, in our kitchen to keep yourself going(currently on hold due to COVID-19)
- Free Tuesday breakfast and every other Thursday free company lunch (currently on hold due to COVID-19)
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, game nights, and more (currently on hold due to COVID-19)
Due to COVID-19, Rover Employees are not required to be in office until October 2021 at the earliest. All new hires will be expected to work from the Barcelona office after October.
Please submit your CV in English.
Rover is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting a diverse, inclusive and inventive environment with the best employees. We’re driven by seeing our people succeed and grow, and we work to ensure everyone contributes to their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.