FilledThis offer is not available anymore
We believe shared cars are a better way to move around, offering more flexibility and more convenience. We are already the #1 car rental marketplace in Europe, and we believe the adoption will be 100 times larger in just a few years. We have a lot on our plate since we are opening cars with smartphones, preventing fraud, optimising the search & booking experience, opening new countries... so we'd love for you to join the growing engineering team (17 brilliant people) and contribute.
We are looking for someone who enjoys being in charge of a project end-to-end: understanding customer needs alongside product managers, designing and implementing a great solution, shipping it to the real world and see the results. Someone who knows how to build a feature from the ground up and takes pride in being able to deliver great features to users.
Our Tech Stack
• Preact and Redux
• Babel for ES6 with Flow for static type checking
• Prettier, ESLint and Stylelint to prevent bugs and ensure consistency
• Webpack and Yarn
• Jest and Capybara for automated tests
• An internal design system (named Cobalt)
• SCSS and Haml
• Sketch, Framer, and Invision
• Ruby on Rails 5.1 with Ruby 2.4
• Continuous integration with Docker and CircleCI to push to production multiple times a day
• Monitoring dashboards to keep track of performances (frontend included)
What Will You Be Working On At Drivy?
We are on a path to change the way people use cars in cities. We already have a lot of features used by our drivers and owners, but we need to accelerate on a few different domains, for instance:
• Transition from a Rails monolith to microservices and JS-heavy pages relying on APIs
• Build new components for Cobalt, our design system, and define guidelines
• Coordinate with UI and UX designer to figure out the best way to turn their work into code
• Continuously run A/B tests and look at the data to make sure the app is as good as it can be
• Improve the user experience by leveraging instant booking of cars
• Experiment with new ideas by hacking quick prototypes
... and of course all developers are part of the product discussions. We think that it is important for people to have an impact, so we organise ourselves in squads focused on a specific mission.
Skills & Experience We Are Looking For
• Shipped and maintained code in production
• Experience with React or Preact
• Sensibility for UI and UX
• Good communication skills, works well within a team
• Able to communicate in English
Nive to have:
• Sensible to accessibility best practices
• Experience with a backend language (like Ruby) and a MVC framework (like Rails)
You will work in the best possible conditions, with:
• A great engineering team with experience! A lot of us have been working with Rails since v1, some organize meetups and some even contributed.
• Recent and powerful hardware
• The peace of mind of a large test suite and pull requests to stay sane and ship often
• An international team of great and passionate people
• A remote friendly culture, with some remote allowed for this position
...and we think you'll also appreciate this:
• Getting to learn from your peers and to share your knowledge on the blog and in our internal presentations every two weeks
• A ticket to one technical conference of your choice each year
• Open source projects are being extracted from the codebase when appropriate
• Free non fiction books and access to our growing library
• Headquarter in the center of Paris
• Offices in Berlin, London and Barcelona
• Tickets restaurants, a good mutuelle...
• "Hack days" a few times in the year to experiment with new technologies and ideas
• A front row seat to witness the disruption of car ownership
No need for a resume, but Linkedin, Twitter and Github usernames are appreciated!
Drivy company page is empty
Add a description and pictures to attract more candidates and boost your employer branding.