YouGov is an international data and analytics group, with 36 offices in 22 countries. Our global team don’t just collect data, we connect data. Our values drive us to be fast and fearless, to get it right and to trust each other. We’re here to challenge conventional approaches to market research, and disrupt our industry to ensure our clients always get the best solutions.
Our core offering of opinion data is derived from a highly participative panel of over 9 million people in 44 countries worldwide – it features 33 million interactions and billions of data points. This continuous stream of data is translated into a systematic research and marketing platform, through our deep research expertise and broad industry experience.
Crunch.io, part of the YouGov PLC are hiring an Advanced React Developer to help develop our platform. We are inviting you to join our small, fully remote team of developers and operators helping make our platform faster, more secure, and more reliable. You would help us deliver new features, explore different ways of problem solving, and discover, explain, and defend your choices in implementation.
What you'll do:
- Work on new features with other front-end team members.
- Triage, unravel, test, and resolve bugs and issues.
- Update existing code in parallel with backend changes to ensure uninterrupted operation.
- Review your colleagues’ work on pull requests.
- Propose, discuss, and debate technology improvements, code organization, design patterns, and conventions employed in the front-end development environment.
- Use your extensive experience to train and mentor other developers on the front-end team.
Front-end developers on our platform are first-class team members. Although your focus is primarily on TypeScript, you will gain familiarity with the entire system. Some of the technologies that enable us to achieve our well-designed, efficient, and performant applications are:
- TypeScript (latest specification)
- Webpack + Babel (ES6 modules)
- React + Redux
- Styled Components
- Unit testing with Jest (we have over 5500 unit tests across our app)
- Jenkins for continuous integration and deployment
If you have experience or interest in these additional areas, you may have the opportunity to work with them as part of your role:
- End-to-end testing using cypress
- Responsive design / mobile / touch interfaces
- Advanced to expert-level React skills with demonstrated experience.
- A firm command of Typescript.
- Commitment to high development standards, including comprehensive testing.
- Demonstrated ability to work with team of peers, understanding and respecting the responsibilities and expertise that developers, designers, QA staff, and others bring to the project.
This position can be based 100% remotely.