We are looking for an energetic and curious Software Engineer to join Scytl’s Research and Security team. If you are fond of security and cryptography and an excellent software developer with the ability to deliver an accurate and timely output within a research-focused and dynamic environment, you are the person that we are in the hunt for.
Apply now and seize the chance to learn while working within a talented team with world-class expertise in cryptography for innovating democracy worldwide.
Location: Scytl Headquarters in Barcelona
As a R&S Intern you will be responsible of the following:
- Bring ideas for new R&D projects.
- Implement proofs of concept aimed at to enhancing Scytl’s online voting platform with cutting-edge technologies.
- Contribute to the departments’ on-going research projects, including with programming, testing and maintenance of software applications.
- Pursuing graduate studies in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience developing in Java.
- Basic knowledge of cryptography and security.
- Hungriness and motivation to learn new technologies.
- Good command of English and Spanish.
Extra points for:
- Experience working with Eclipse, Maven, Spring, Hibernate or similar.
- Experience working in a multicultural environment.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Good organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
What is Scytl?
Scytl is the global leader in secure election management and electronic voting solutions. Specializing in election modernization technologies, Scytl offers the first end-to-end election management and voting platform, providing the highest security and transparency standards currently available.
Scytl has capitalized on its more than 18 years of research to develop election-specific cryptographic security technology protected by more than 40 international patents and patent applications, positioning Scytl as the company with the largest patent portfolio of the industry.
Scytl’s solutions have been successfully used in more than 35 countries throughout the world over the last 10 years, including Canada, the United States, Mexico, Ecuador, the EU, France, Norway, Switzerland, Iceland, Bosnia-Herzegovina, the UAE, India and Australia. Scytl is headquartered in Barcelona, Spain with strategic offices in Canada, the United States, Peru and Greece as well as field offices in the UK, Ukraine, Australia, Malaysia and Brazil.
For more info, please visit www.scytl.com
- International working environment.
- Creative and results focused team.
- Opportunity to be part of the worldwide leader in its market.
- Great office in Barcelona city center.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive compensation: 8€/hour.
- The internship can be part-time
- Starting date: ASAP
APPLY NOW and help us to deliver the most innovative products within the elections domain!
Scytl is recognized worldwide for helping revolutionize Democracy. Our secure election management and online voting solutions are helping organizations around the globe increase and improve participatory democracy, citizen empowerment and public transparency via innovative online technology.
Our highly energized company works with governments across all 5 continents, helping countries as different as the US, Norway, Uganda, UAE, Switzerland, Canada, Tunisia, Australia and Spain modernize their electoral processes making elections more engaging, participatory, transparent, accessible and secure.