Speakap is looking for an experienced and skilled Quality Assurance Engineer to join our fast growing team. This is an excellent position for people who enjoy working on the full cycle of manual testing — creating a strategy, writing a plan, creating and executing tests, finding regressions, logging and verifying bugs, and creating comprehensive historical records of testing activities are all part of being successful in this position.
Product development at Speakap is split into small teams of engineers, designers, and product managers working together on features. As a QA Engineer at Speakap, you would become a full- time member of these teams, focusing on just one or two projects at a time to ensure that we have a solid and well-executed test strategy before launching new features to the public.
One of Speakap’s defining and powerful features is its platform for integrating with other services. Speakap allows teams to not only communicate with one another via timelines, news items and private messages, but also to interact with everything else in their productivity toolchain in one place. Our QA engineers also help external developers succeed in using our APIs to build useful, meaningful tools on our platform, whether they are building highly-customized integrations with their team’s internal tools or building third party services to make Speakap even more useful than it is.
- You understand web services, including transport (primarily HTTP), common data formats (JSON), and standard API patterns (e.g. REST).
- You can write code in at least one language to gather data from web services and use it for your own purposes.
- Knowledge and understanding of APIs, testing APIs and authentication protocols such as OAuth.
- Experience with testing of native clients on desktop & mobile platforms (Android or iOS) utilizingboth physical devices and running on simulators/emulators.
- Experience using mobile development tools Xcode, Android Studio, Charles Proxy, etc.
- Comfortable working with Unix and Git.
- Experience with developing against APIs.
- You are skilled at explaining technical problems and issues succinctly and clearly.
- Ability to think creatively and approach testing our APIs from multiple users’ perspectives.
- Improvisation and flexibility.
- This is a communication heavy role. You must be fluent in both spoken and written English.
- Work with a variety of teams (engineering, design, product management, project management, and customer success) to design, own, and deliver on test plans for new features and functionality.
- Develop and maintain a robust library of test cases for both new and existing features.
- Design and execute regression test plans on an ongoing basis — Speakap changes frequentlyand rapidly.
- Be a reliable, friendly, and non-judgemental source of early feedback on new functionality andfeature changes.
- Assess the impact of bugs and assign priorities based on facts and statistics.
- Work closely with other team members to make sure that testing is complete and thoroughbefore launching.
- Provide immediate feedback to software developers and work with them to improve the product.
- Communicate with the team to plan and execute testing in a timely fashion.
- Work with developers to isolate and reproduce defects across all parts of the system.
- Own the issues in your area, triage and manage them in a tracking tool.
- Work with the Software Engineers to identify and address gaps in testing coverage.
- Become the voice of Quality for the product you work on.
Launched in 2011, Speakap is a fast growing business application and is used by hundreds of clients and hundreds of thousands of users every day. From small businesses to large enterprises: collaboration is happening everywhere. We currently have five offices worldwide, in Amsterdam, Cologne, Brussels, Barcelona and Sao Paulo.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Speakap’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come do the best work of your life here at Speakap.
Up for the job?
Ready to make a next step in your career? Apply now. Get our attention by sending us a cover letter and your resumé. For questions regarding your application please contact Floor Pepping (+31 (0)20 – 820 42 96 / firstname.lastname@example.org).