Who We Are
We are creatives, UX designers, programmers, sales gurus, and data junkies. We are craft beer enthusiasts, marathon runners, linguists, calligraphers, foodies, and salsa dancers. We are a global team of seasoned sailors, yachtsmen, and landlubbers alike with a shared passion and commitment to getting the world on the water. Our drive, innovation, and entrepreneurial spirit offer endless opportunities for employees to enhance their skills, develop their career and tap into their true potential.
Why Boats Group
Boats Group strives to point our customers, consumers, and industry partners in the right direction and serve as the ultimate guide for getting the world on the water. We developed our core values based on this same spirit to help our employees operate individually, as a team, and as a company.
We developed the Boats Group culture compass to help our teams ‘navigate’ and succeed in the BG family. This compass guides you in the right direction of our company’s core values of Focus, Integrity, Relationships, and Energy.
As a key member of the Boats Group team you will be the voice and hands of QA. You are skilled at working closely with developers to provide constructive feedback, and enjoy clarifying requirements for internal and external stakeholders. You are respected for your fast delivery and attention to detail.
The ideal candidate will thrive in a team that collaborates heavily, has rapid delivery, and celebrates regular success. You often test the boundaries of your role and enjoy contributing to the success of others. If someone doesn't know something, you pair, document, and take the time to spread the knowledge.
Your Core Skillset
- A QA mindset, you have championed quality assurance on a previous team
- Attention to detail and the ability to identify edge cases
- An understanding of how web pages fail, and how to identify and report root causes to an agile development team
- Able to be an equal member of a development team such that a healthy balance between developer, product owner, and QA influences is formed.
- Experience in eliciting, documenting, and prioritizing project requirements
- Able to write tests with Selenium or other UI test tools
- Code review experience
- Security expertise in contributing to a deep technical understanding of web vulnerabilities
- You will be responsible for the test planning and execution on a new Node/Angular stack to help us increase traffic and sales on our websites.
- You will have support from an international group of individuals from the United Kingdom, Spain, Canada and United States.
- Websites and APIs (new development): Node.js, React.js
- Websites (legacy): java, scala, php, perl with some infrastructure dating back 20 years
- Tools: Jira, Confluence, Google Docs, Git, SQL database tools