Founded in 2007, Babbel is the world’s top-grossing and most effective language-learning app. No small feat, and no small challenge. In a moment rife with talk of walls, we’re building bridges — making the language-learning journey as exciting and empowering as possible, helping people forge new connections and participate in worlds bigger than their own. We do things that matter. And foremost, we make people speak their new language as they’ve always wanted to. Come work with us.
There’s still so much to do.
Babbel is for everyone, not some niche or elite strata of learners. Everyone. As our user base has grown, so has what they need from us. Their learning needs, life experiences, and reference points become more varied and colourful by the day. Meeting that means ensuring users see themselves reflected —not just in our product— but the world it allows them to imagine with us. That means reflecting the dynamism and diversity of our users, as much as possible, in the production of Babbel. We currently have 600 people from more than 50 nationalities working in our Berlin and New York offices, challenging and learning from each other at every step. A culture of difference and dignity is critical to how we’ve connected with millions of users, in every hemisphere.
We are looking for a QA Manager to join our Team in Berlin!
- Customer-centric and passionate about delivering great digital experiences
- Analytical with strong problem-solving skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-moving, agile software development environment
- 6+ years in a software quality assurance testing capacity, with both functional front-end and API testing experience
- 3+ year of experience in building and leading teams, including hiring, coaching and managing career development of less-experienced team members
- Comfortable working in a lean and agile environment
- Fluency in written and spoken English
Nice to have:
- Experience with automated testing
- Experience testing Mobile apps,tracking events data and marketing automation
- Experience working with a consumer product is a huge plus
- ISTQB Certification
- Degree in Computer Science
- Analyze metrics to provide a clear view of product quality, availability, stability and scalability
- Analyze issues to fortify our test suite (manual + automated), configure early-warning systems, and improve our testing infrastructure (tools, practices)
- Interact with stakeholders to identify opportunities to improve processes and develop strong feedback loops from market-facing teams
- Develop strong product knowledge across front-end platforms and backend systems
- Lead, mentor and provide thought leadership to a team of QA Analysts, and groom them to be customer advocates
- Work within a high-performing team at Babbel.
- A steep learning-curve – personally and professionally
- A challenging environment and a lot of responsibility to prove your skills
- A lively startup atmosphere with friendly working hours
- Great company benefits (high-end company bike, fresh fruit & drinks)