“Delivering innovative digital magazine content on every device in every country”
Zinio brings innovation and inspiration to the world of magazine publishers and consumers by delivering the ultimate digital reading experience on any device. As a pioneer Zinio operates online web newsstands and award-winning iOS and Android apps, providing access to digital magazines & articles in more than 30 languages, which can be read online and offline on any platform.
Zinio Pro converts print magazines to digital content through a Software as a service (SaaS) platform that transforms PDF to other formats such as XML, ePub or ANF and distributes it to different platforms such as Amazon Kindle, Apple News or Zinio Pro’s white label publisher web and mobile apps.
The company has delivered 750M digital magazine editions across more than 8,5k titles from 1.3k publishers in 200 countries to over 10M customers.
We are looking for the best and brightest minds in QA. Become part of an agile team of highly skilled and motivated individuals in our Barcelona office.
What you will be doing:
In collaboration with the VP and Directors of Engineering, the QA Manager will define and execute a QA strategy that encompasses the entire lifecycle of our products. Managing a team of both Automation and Functional developers with a hands-on approach, including talent management, training, mentoring, process adoption, and project resourcing. You defend your team but also know how to get the best out of everyone. At the same time, you know how to change hats and understand business needs and translate them into actual requirements for the team.
- You’ll lead a team of 7 engineers and will be liaising with product owners and scrum masters.
Together with your team, you’ll:
- Be responsible for the design, development, and delivery of automated tests and frameworks, design and organize functional tests and evaluate platforms for testing multiple platforms.
- Define and implement test practices across the business, aligning them with best industry practice and the strategic needs of the organization
Work closely with the product team to understand features and business flows and design appropriate test strategies and flows.
What we expect from you:
- Excellent stakeholder management skills operating with a range of both internal and external stakeholders up to director level.
- Have a team-player spirit, which benefits the group vs the individual.
- Has a good eye for security and stability.
- 3 years of hands-on experience leading QA Teams utilizing Agile / SCRUM methodology.
- 3 years of hands-on experience developing test automation solutions for web and backend products.
- Experience with Java language for writing tests.
- Experience with Appium or similar software to test mobile devices.
- Experience with JUnit/TestNG, Jenkins, and Maven.
- Experience with Selenium Grid and/or third-party providers (SauceLabs, BrowserStack, etc).
- Experience with Automation of UI (e.g: Selenium).
- Experience testing RESTful APIs and micro-services.
- Experience using, setting up, and maintaining CI systems.
- Experience building multi-threaded, API based applications.
- Excellent English communication skills, speaking, and writing.
It will also be highly valued if you:
- Already hold any testing Certification.
- Have experience in e-Commerce / SaaS companies.
- Are already familiar with Docker.
- Have knowledge of load and capacity testing.
- Have previously worked in the cloud (AWS, GCE).
- Are already familiar with integrating 3rd party systems.
- Are familiar or have an interest in cybersecurity.
Why you’ll love working with us:
- We are a technology company and we invest in technology!
- We lead our sector of activity and are always facing challenging new projects.
- Highly skilled team so you can learn from your colleagues: knowledge sharing is strongly encouraged and lived.
- Agile/ Scrum way of working and philosophy.
- You will be part of a multicultural team, working with different countries and time zones.
- We have a fun, friendly & international work environment.
- Flexible working hours and availability of work from home.
We offer great benefits including:
- Open space office in Barcelona with awesome views.
- Team-building activities.
- Free digital magazines.
- Fresh fruit, tea & good (unlimited) coffee.
We offer a competitive salary package and a flexible salary plan including:
- Health Insurance Program.
- Meal, Public Transportation Card & Nursery.