We are seeking an ambitious, positive, forward-thinking entry level QA functional tester, to start a Functional Tester career on our team based in our awesome sunny headquarters in Madrid, Spain.
QA is a way of live at Spotahome
Spotahome is revolutionizing the way people rent housing and as we have much to develop and improve, we believe that Software Engineers in Test and the ability to ensure 360º Product Quality are the key for success.
We are one of the fastest growing startups in Europe. Spotahome is an online marketplace that offers everyone in the world the most comprehensive listings of apartments, rooms, and student housing in their city of destination. We personally check thousands of places taking professional photography, making cool HD video tours, designing floor plans and get tons of details of each accommodation so potential tenants can securely book a whole apartment or rent an individual room in a flat or a student residence all from the comfort of their couch! Forget about local real estate agents forever!
Software and product quality at spotahome
At Spotahome we value our software quality as one of the most important factors for success. We work towards creating error-free software that meets our customer needs, performs as expected by our customers, and that is easily changeable and maintainable by our teams.
Thus, we employ several different roles for Quality Assurance, that are involved in all software development phases: Since inception (acceptance criteria definition), implementation (participation in groomings, sprint plannings and test development), to release (quality acceptance). Our QA roles both actively participate in the process and counsel developers, product managers and UX to ensure our quality standards are being met.
What do we need in our Software Test Team?
We are seeking for a customer-centered individual committed to deliver a top quality experience to our users. The Functional QA Tester will work hand in hand with Product Managers, UX and the Technical team to improve the Spotahome suite of customer facing Products. She/he will participate in the product development cycle by defining test cases, identifying issues and following up on issue resolution.
- User advocated, eager to find problems and suggest solutions to the product he/she has in his/her hands
- Eager to learn
- Well structured written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable communicating with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Understanding of business needs
- Ability to write acceptance criteria
- Spoken and written English
- Basic knowledge of how a product works in tech terms
- Design, specify and execute 360º Tests in both mobile app and browser environments
- Be a customer advocate, understanding what Spotahome users need and striving for the best user experience
- Create and categorize bug reports communicating with Product Managers and also Development team
Nice to have:
- To know any programming language
- Competitive compensation package
- Company happy Fridays & social events.
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
- People: Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Performance bonuses.
- International environment more than 25 nationalities
- Budget for training, certifications and team building activities
- Flexible work hours
- Fitness benefits: Gympass
- Excellent Medical insurance. Co-payment.