At Tymit our mission is to reinvent the credit card to make it honest, safe, and more transparent to achieve more peace of mind when managing your finances. To prove this to our users, we have built an elegant and intuitive app linked to a credit card designed to achieve better financial well-being and control like never before.
A credit card from a tech company, not a Bank. Fintech credit makes up only a tiny fraction of overall credit. Still, it is growing rapidly, and Tymit will be at the forefront of the digital disruption in the credit card world.
Based in the UK, Spain, and Greece, our talented and growing team is committed to creating a diverse and fun work environment, putting the user at the center of every decision we make. At Tymit, we have a mantra. Customers are first because that's what drives us and our growth, and we'll continue catering to them that way.
Compensation & Perks
💰 The salary range of this role is 65,000€ – 70,000€ per annum, depending on experience.
🏝 25 days of paid holiday plus bank holidays.
🥳 Your birthday off.
🏡 Tymit is working fully remote, and all employees can remain working from home if they want, traveling to our offices when agreed with the team.
🌇 If your preference is working from our office and working onsite with other Tymiteers, we have you covered with our offices - Postpandemic.
⏰ Flexible working hours.
🤓 Additional days to attend conferences and workshops related to technology and/or events related to Tymit’s industry and sector.
💲 Budget for remote home expenses.
📚 Learning & Development is a big asset for us, and we count with a yearly budget.
🏥 Private health insurance.
About the role
We are looking for a talented and dedicated QA Lead to build the safest credit card in the market. Our tech team is growing – and learning as we go. We’re on a journey, building and evolving the way we work, and we’re looking for recruits who can teach us as much as we’ll teach them.
Joining our engineering team, you work cross-platform, testing on both our iOS and Android applications. We have a product-oriented team, releasing apps every week. The ideal candidate is mobile-savvy, loves testing, and understands what makes a great mobile app!
We are small, but we think big. 🦄🦄 Do you want to join us?
About the culture
Be ready to join a company where collaboration is key. You will be expected to share knowledge and speak up, at the same time you have the ability to listen to others and consider their opinions. At Tymit we are also big fans of good atmosphere and humor, prepare yourself to receive a bunch of GIFs.
During your time at Tymit you will
- Understand and promote the Technology Strategy, architecture and patterns, QA, and best practices for Manual and Automated QA purposes.
- Make sure deep dives into the technical decisions from different areas (Platform, QA, FE, etc.), and evangelize and flows down the information into his/her team.
- Participate and oversight in meetings with Business Analysts and Product Managers to discuss requirements and collect them for a better understanding of the business functionality.
- Assessment of the different requirements and, if needed, bring the topic to the technical line manager in order to discuss the best course of action.
- Deep dive into critical issues, technical challenges on automation, or spikes with fuzzy definition and high organizational or QA team impact.
- ‘Being glue’: Needed/invisible Manual or Automation QA work to move forward (Support team member in technical work (unblock & coordinate)).
- Requires to have cloud & security awareness and exercise as a Platform ambassador in the Manual QA team.
- Systematically leads the improvement of Manual and Automation QA team processes, and systems for Tymit to bring high efficiency and resilience to released versions.
- Understand correctly the defined SLA/SLI/SLO/RPO/RTO to meet business expectations during the Manual or Automation QA processes performed.
- Help to continuously review potential releases to remove frictions and blockers in order to ease production passes smoothly.
- Up to date on the main security matters with the 'IT Security Team' in order to flow down this information to his/her loop teammates.
- Act as a mentor to each team member, providing soft and hard skills guidance.
Key technologies we use at Tymit
Software Engineer in Test team: you will be working with technologies such as Xcode, Android Studio, JMeter, Xray, Appium, Selenium, TestProject, Taurus, Slack and Jira.
Tymit tech team: we work with technologies such as Kotlin, SwiftUI, Swift, Java, Groovy, Grails, Quarkus, NodeJS, React, Python, RabbitMQ, Postgres, AWS, ELK, Docker, Docker Swarm, Terraform, Ansible, and Jenkins.
We are always open to adopting new tools to solve complex problems, so we’re ready to discuss options with anyone with the right experience.
What you will bring along
- Expertise with certain bug tracking and test management tools like X-Ray or similar.
- Experience in writing test plans and test cases for different scenarios.
- Clear knowledge and practical experience of manual testing techniques and testing pyramid (e.g. Functional, Integration, System, Acceptance testing, Smoke testing).
- Expertise of test automation tools (e.g. TestProject, Katalon, Eggplant) and test automation frameworks (e.g. Selenium, Appium, Robot) for Web and Mobile.
- Knowledge of APIs definitions (OpenAPI) and API validation via manual & automation by using tools like Postman, Karate DSK, Katalon, etc.
- Experience in automation around CI/CD (continuous integration & continuous delivery) in order to create CI/CD pipelines to execute automated tests (e.g. Jenkins, GitHub actions, or similar).
- Basic knowledge of Gherkin language.
- Proven and strong knowledge of SQL and understanding of relational databases in order to mine or creation of test data or to validate results.
- Awareness of SOLID principles and BDD.
- Informal mentorship of junior employees.
- Clear communication, fluent in English.
What you can expect from our hiring process
45 min. video-call with Carla, part of Tymit’s People team. Understand your career plan and what motivates you about Tymit.
30 min. video-call with Fran, Platform Lead, and a QA colleague. Brief technical discussion to understand more about the role and your skills.
90 min. video-call with 2 QA team members (Angela, Maria, or Guillermo), and another engineer. Technical discussion around a task to better understand your skills and give you a sneak peek of what it could be working at Tymit.
60 min. video-call with Nico, CTO and Co-Founder of Tymit. Understand the business future and help you to envision yourself at Tymit.
🏁– Offer 📧
If you have any disability, please let us know whether there are any adjustments we can make for our process to be more inclusive.
To meet our regulatory obligations as a licensed financial services company in the UK, Tymit needs to take background checks, Criminal and Credit checks, our new hires to help us safeguard our users. If you have any concerns regarding this process, please discuss this with our People Team.
Tymit is made up of people from various backgrounds, and you are welcome for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like. We seek to create a culture where everyone can belong because we believe that people do their best work to show up every day as their authentic selves. So, bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background.
We do not make hiring or employment decisions based on race, religion, age, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, pregnancy status, or any other difference. If you have any disability, please let us know whether there are any adjustments we can make for our process to be more inclusive.