We are Semrush, a global IT company developing our own product—a platform for digital marketers. New stars are born here, so don’t miss your chance.
And this is our QA Engineer role for those who want to turn ideas into reality using test scripts, automation, and maybe a little magic.
Tasks in the role
Maintaining existing autotests and creating new ones.
Testing UI and APIs manually.
Participating in discussions of upcoming technical tasks.
Developing and improving testing processes.
Working with issues from support specialists
Improving QA processes for existing applications and building them from scratch for the new applications.
Analyzing and bringing suggestions to improve application metrics and alerts.
Who we are looking for
- Good understanding of theory testing.
- Good knowledge of testing best practices.
- Experience in issue troubleshooting.
- Experience analyzing business requirement specifications/user stories and building checklists to test (and then converting them to automated tests).
- Setting up and orchestrating a scalable testing environment with best practices.
- Experience with defining the application quality criteria and managing the quality.
- Experience working in collaboration with a team with application quality processes and suggesting ideas to improve those processes.
- Experience in improving, supporting, and analyzing application metrics and alerts.
- Experience in analyzing and improving CI/CD processes to improve quality control.
- Experience with Message Brokers.
- Experience with Docker.
Technical stack knowledge
- Good understanding of approaches to implementing automation tests.
- Good knowledge of Java 8+.
- Knowledge of JUnit framework.
- Experience with UI E2E testing.Experience with automated UI testing.
- Experience in API testing.
- Experience in SQL/NoSQL DB (maybe SQL only).
- Bash command line experience.
- Experience in working with bug-tracking systems.
They say there are no perfect candidates, but that might well be you, if
- You have experience with MongoDB and PostgreSQL.
- Experience with load testing.
- Experience in web application security testing.
- Experience with controlling and making assessments of disaster recovery plans.
- You share our common values: Trust, as we prefer to speak up and be our true selves; Sense of Ownership, as it’s not worth wasting time on something you don’t believe in; and enthusiasm for Constant Change, as we are always looking to make things better.
- Experience in building and maintaining application QA processes from the ground up.
- Experience with risk management.
A bit about the team
Our Tiger team is developing tools for promoting local businesses on Google maps and other local directories. This set of tools also includes the functionality for managing Google Business Profile and displaying relevant metrics for local businesses.
The team consists of eight people in total—Technical Owner, two Backend Engineers, two Frontend Engineers, one QA Engineer, one Product Designer, and the Product Owner.
There are more and more tasks every day, so we are looking for a new colleague—QA Engineer!
We’re looking for someone who really wants to develop. There are many experienced colleagues on the team, and they will always be able to help and guide you. It’s important for us that our future QA engineer is ready to work in a team and make decisions together :)
- Frontend: TypeScript and React.
- Backend: Java, PostgreSQL, MongoDB.
- We’re testing in Java: Selenium/Selenide/Playwright, Unirest, Selenoid/Moon, Allure, and TestNG.
- We’re also using GitLab CI, Docker, Kubernetes, Google Cloud, GKE, and Google PubSub.
- Workstations: Mac.
We will try to create all the right conditions for you to work and rest comfortably
- It’s up to you to decide what work format works best for you. You can #wfo, #wfh, or mix both.
- Flexible working day start.
- Health insurance coverage.
- Working from a modern coworking space (or working from home).
- Internet coverage (up to 30 eur/month).
- Corporate events.
- Unlimited PTO.
- Hobby benefit.
- Training, courses, conferences.
- English and Spanish courses.
- Gifts for employees.
Finally, a little more about our company
We’ve been developing our product for 14 years and have been awarded G2's Top 100 Software Products, Global and US Search Awards 2021, Great Place to Work Certification, Deloitte Technology Fast 500 and many more. In March 2021 Semrush went public and started trading on the NYSE with the SEMR ticker.
10,000,000+ users in America, Europe, Asia, and Australia have already tried Semrush, and over 1,000 people around the world are working on its development. The Semrush team is constantly growing.
Semrush is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, creed, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or medical condition including medical characteristics, genetic identity, marital status, military service, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state or federal laws. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications.