About the company
Sweepr has developed an intelligent consumer interaction platform capable of providing automated technical support for the connected home. We are at the forefront of transforming how customer care is delivered by increasing the frequency with which consumers can solve technical issues themselves and augmenting customer care agents capabilities when they do become involved. Our clients are Communication Service Providers and Connected Product Manufacturers who use the Sweepr platform to deliver appropriate technical support content that has been intelligently selected based on a rich array of context gathered from the consumer’s connected environment.
We are seeking a new QA engineer to work within our global professional services team where you will be applying skills across a wide array of disciplines, to go-live and beyond, to ensure successful customer journies.
The ideal candidate will have a strong QA background in validating consumer-focused web, messaging/voice and mobile applications using best in class software frameworks and QA methodologies and will have commercial experience in delivering production-ready, mission-critical systems to a large user base. The right candidate will embrace the challenge of working in a fast-moving company as it continues to grow rapidly.
This role is based in our Madrid office in Alcalá de Henares.
- Take on the role of QA in an agile software development team, working on projects delivering our platform into market, working with the QA Lead and Development leads to help establish effective agile QA practices.
- Develop and execute QA plans that align with Product release cycles and Customer deployments.
- Mentor more junior developers and QA team members, guiding them in best practice and where necessary establishing clear methodologies and approaches to help ensure high-quality output.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Engineering or related discipline
- 2-5 years in the Quality assurance of Enterprise software products.
Ideally, you would have the following skills:
- Strong understanding of QA best practices in an Agile development environment, including the ceremonies to understand features and define test plans for them, and how to create automation strategies for longer term regression test cycles.
- Expert level capability in Web and Mobile QA for consumer facing applications and tools, focused on creating repeatable sets of test packages. This should include regression tests, automated tests and in time non-functional tests such as load testing and penetration tests.
- Good Understanding of cloud server infrastructure and applications to facilitate troubleshooting. This includes areas such as Java process memory management and analysis, database analysis, server I/O, CPU and Memory, REST and HTTP protocols and Java stacks and log analysis.
- Some understanding of Java Enterprise technologies including Spring framework components such as Spring Integration, Spring data, JPA, REST API development and lightweight cloud containers.
- Understanding of REST API and JSON development for client side applications.
- Understanding of message oriented middleware technologies such as Rabbit MQ and MQTT.
- Desirable would be an understanding of IOT protocols, Bluetooth, WIFI and IP Network protocols
- Also desirable is an understanding of analytics technologies such as Apache Spark, Machine learning, and Natural language processing.