wefox is Europe’s leading InsurTech that is reinventing insurance at scale, with a record-breaking Series C funding round of $650 million in 2021, making it the largest funding round of any InsurTech to date.
wefox is revolutionizing insurance by empowering the customer and delivering personalized experiences, driven by data. Our vision is to enable people to be safe. By providing our customers 360-degree advice through our network of advisors, we optimize each individual's risk coverage through innovative prevention, assistance, and insurance products.
wefox is now the world´s fastest-growing digital insurer with the fastest time-to-market for new products and the most efficient distribution via a digitally enabled salesforce and we want you to be part of this, joining our disruptive technology team in Barcelona.
We are currently looking for a QA Engineer to be responsible for the quality assurance of the software development and its deployment, with emphasis on development and implementation of test automation.
You will be working closely with developers to ensure that requirements and quality are being met, and you will conduct automated tests to ensure that the software created fits its purpose.
You will participate throughout the software development lifecycle, defining and driving innovative automated testing strategies and tools in our overall development processes supporting and enhancing our current Quality Assurance processes.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Work in a cross-functional agile team and get involved in the entire development process.
- Support others to develop and run automated tests.
- Collaborate closely with developers, designers, and product owners.
- Identify, report and track defects and verify defect fixes.
- Perform root cause analysis of issues.
- Set up test automation frameworks and integrate them to build and release frameworks
- Prepare and execute manual and automated functional, non-functional and integration tests
- Generate and spread a culture of quality throughout the company.
- Compose, execute and assess results of functional tests according to the Test Strategy
- Manage different test environments
What you bring:
- At least 3 years of experience in automated test development, especially around API and backend service testing.
- Experience on REST API Testing (SOAP, POSTMAN). Experience on non-functional testing
- Experience in Java development.
- Proven experience using BDD frameworks (Cucumber with Gherkin). Experience in object-oriented software development and testing frameworks
- Good experience with continuous integration/deployment systems (CI/CD). Experience with Github actions - YAML.
- Understanding of product specifications.
- Practice of agile methodology, a culture of autonomy, and ownership.
- A good level of English (for work in an international environment).
- Familiarity with Selenium and JMeter would be a plus
- Experience with mobile application testing and a cloud environment like AWS would be a plus.
What we offer:
Now, we’ve gotten to the fun part, the part where you get to brag about your company, those perks your friends are so jealous of!
Here are some of them:
- Flexible working hours including several working models (hybrid, remote, etc.)
- 26 working days of vacation + 24th and 31st December
- Seniority days: one day of extra holiday per employment year starting from the 2nd anniversary in the company (up to 30 days total holidays)
- An Employee Stock Ownership Plan after the second year in the company
- Discounted fitness membership and a private health insurance
- Up to 50% of your public transport costs reimbursed
- A stack of the latest technologies and working gadgets
- Free coffee, fruit, and snacks, because we need fuel!
- Grants for training and coaching
At wefox we have not made too many rules, because we are a company that got where we did by breaking them, and what´s more we´re full of brilliant creatives who should be able to exercise their creative freedom!
If you love a less formal work environment, flexible paid time off, a great compensation package and benefits offering, and most of all, being authentic, get in touch, we want to meet you!
To all the misunderstood geniuses, rebels, and mavericks looking to change the world for the better. Come work with us!
Your contact person for this role is Ismael Guindo
We are an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.