Come build the community around you!
We created Jodel to let you instantly connect, share, and engage with the community around you. We’ve built thriving local communities across Europe and continue to expand globally. With more than 6 million posts per day, we are thrilled to have one of the industry’s highest retention rates. We’ve attracted respected and well-known investors such as Christophe Maire, Adam d’Angelo, and the Floodgate Fund, and even been the subject of several academic papers.
We’re now growing our Engineering team around a culture of sustainability and empowerment. We’re dealing with dynamics such as being local and signup-lean, which give us new problems to solve, and we’re literally breaking new ground in the Social Network space. Data-driven by default, with a bias for quality and code sustainability, and fostering a solid DevOps and Automated Testing culture, Jodel’s Engineering team is the place to be if you’re looking for unique challenges!
What attitude are we looking for?
- You’re naturally motivated and proud of doing great work;
- Numbers and data are the best way to drive your decisions;
- You have a strong personality, sense of ownership and responsibility;
- You put people and human interactions above processes and rules;
- You understand the value of “measure twice - cut once” and you work by this mantra;
- You own your successes and your failures, and constantly seek to improve;
- You keep your mind on the product we’re building, and are permanently aware of how each small action influences its success.
What do we value in our QA team?
- You’re ready to take on a role which will progressively be more focused on automation and writing code;
- You have a keen sense of product and quality, and can tell the difference between “urgency” and “importance” when prioritizing issues;
- You communicate optimizing for clarity and readability;
- You value testing very highly, and automation even higher;
- You enjoy pair work and knowledge sharing, and see your job as a collaborative effort rather than solitary work;
- You’re happy to collaborate with your community and industry, either in open source projects or presenting at meetups and conferences;
Since you’ll be working on the QA team…
- You have a solid working experience in Mobile QA, both on Android and iOS;
- Your default is to automate testing tasks and you prefer automated testing when possible, manual testing only when needed;
- You have previously worked with Appium, XCode UI Automation or similar tools;
- You’re able to write code in at least one programming language, and you’re comfortable using Git and SQL;
- You can plan and implement manual and automated test strategies for mobile;
- You’re happy working in cross-functional teams;
- You’re able to validate acceptance criteria and monitor the quality of our app through user reviews and feedback;
What do we offer?
- An Empowered Team – Our team owns issue prioritization; we collaborate tightly with the product team to determine what is worked on next, but we’re all very mindful not to step on each other’s toes. We own QA decisions, take responsibility and are accountable for them.
- Preventive culture, rather than reactive – While some of us participate in on call activities, we have a very low amount of actual production emergencies. A lot of energy goes into fixing root causes and we are very proud of not having anyone in firefighting mode.
- Career building is part of the deal – you don’t join to just write tests and contribute to the product - you also join to improve your career. We pay special attention to your personal development and make sure you’re focusing on the skills that matter the most to you.
- Lean processes – we try hard to cut meetings and processes to a minimum, to ensure that you’re focusing on being productive. And we encourage all interactions to be direct and open, not forcing you to go through any intermediaries to get your work done.
- United in diversity – with people from all over the world, from Tunisia to France, from India to the Poland, we are multicultural by default and proud to be so. We all come from different walks of life and cultural backgrounds, and we continue to push for diversity in our team!
- We’re building a team, not just making money – we solve hard problems together but we also relax and have fun. From team cooking to going on company trips, from office parties to go-karting, we’ll make sure you have a good work-life balance.
- The future will be amazing – the list of non-trivial challenges we’ll be dealing with includes developer APIs, security issues, scaling access to a lot of data (among other things we can’t tell you about :-) ); all of this with location and anonymity as their own dimensions in Jodel.
- No one else is doing what we’re doing – it’s that simple. We’re pioneering local communication and since communication is a basic human need, our work is just very very exciting. On top of that, we are one of the few large scale European Social Networks. There’s not that many and we’re very proud to be “Made in Europe”.
So, would you like to apply?
Here’s what our hiring process looks like:
- The first step is very important for us to know that you thoroughly read this Job Ad – apply here.
- After you apply successfully, we’ll send you a survey to help us know you in more detail. This should take you about 15 minutes to complete.
- We’ll then send you a code challenge and once you’re done one of our Engineers will do a pairing session with you going over the code and getting to know you better as a future colleague. We’ll give you as much time as you want to do the code challenge but the pairing session usually takes up to 2 hours.
- The last step is spending half a day with us to meet the team and seeing where we work.
Our hiring process takes some time – but we we’re assuming you want this job, not just any job. For us, having the right attitude from the moment you apply, is as important as having the right skills on your CV.
So if you share this conviction, you already passed the first test!