Whisbi is the global #1 provider of a mobile-first digital commerce platform that combines live video, chat, voice and chatbot functionalities to increase sales conversion and boost live engagement. Whisbi won the GLOMO AWARD at the Mobile World Congress 2018 for the Best Mobile Innovation for Mobile Commerce.
At Whisbi, we work in an Agile environment, developing our solution using Scrum, with a team organized in Squads and Chapters, based on the methodology applied by companies like Spotify.
Our technological stack is built on the separation of Front-End and Back-End, with Front-End modules built with Angular and deployed on CDNs, and Back-End modules built as micro-services with NodeJS and TypeScript, running in Docker clusters.
We use Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment thanks to Jenkins, in order to run automated test suites at every step of the development process and deploy new versions at the end of every development sprint, providing rolling releases of our product to our users.
this makes Whisbi an attractive technological environment, where every
member of the team can teach and learn, and every voice gets heard when
it comes to how to improve our product.
As an experienced
Software Developer in Test you will be responsible for taking part in
the analysis and design of new features along with your SCRUM Team and
act as an Agile Tester. You will be then responsible to develop and run
the required tests to the Automation Suite for regression. You are a
self-managing person, passionate about Testing with good communication
skills and a team member. The ideal candidate must have solid experience
in developing tests in different technologies for backend components
(API), end-to-end flows and mobile applications. Must be able to work in
a varied, fast paced environment, handling the entire software
development life cycle, end to end.
About the role
The Software Developer in Test’s main responsibility is to apply Agility helping the team to have a quality perspective on the definition and designing of new functionalities and provide test results using automated in-house solutions.
- Work with the team during all the design and development process, being an active part in all the life cycle of the product.
- Work with the team to find the best approach to meet the quality goals.
- Contribute in Testing with strong automation skills.
- Promote “best practices” within your team-mates in coding and processes.
- Prevent rather than detect points of failure.
- Document and report in detail the test results or defects to help your team.
- Contribute creative and innovative ideas to the business and your team-mates
- Experience with Testing Strategies and Testing Processes.
- Methodological thinking, able to structure and organize tasks.
- Solid expertise working with Agile methodologies and cross-functional teams.
- Familiarity with Restful web services, relational databases, mobile and web applications.
- Familiarity with high volume data requests and high availability software architectures is a plus.
- Familiarity with Load and Performance Tests strategies and tools is a plus.
- Desirable experience in infrastructure such as AWS, Docker, Kubernetes and/or LXC.
- Desirable experience in Git, Jenkins, Linux, JIRA, Static Code Analysis is very appreciated.
- Problem-solving oriented: Drive for results and continuous improvement
- Creative with strong communications skills.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and self-organized.
- English (Professional level)
- Spanish or any other European language would be a plus
Flexible & remote work options
Online training platform
Sunny rooftop terrace in the center of Barcelona
Yoga classes in our terrace
A company culture that likes to work hard and play hard. We like to have fun!
Fresh organic fruit daily
Nespresso coffee, or tea if you prefer :)
Follow us on Instagram and see what we are up to...
Important: The candidate must be available to work full time at our Barcelona HQ. International candidates must already have relevant work permits/visas.
*We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.