We’re looking for a Software Quality Assurance (QA) Tester to bring and raise the confidence on our software development team and the products being implemented. You will do so by applying your QA skills all across the software development lifecycle and making sure none of those nasty bugs sneak into our production systems.
You will be part of a passionate team that will invite you to be part of our family. You will be encouraged to step out of your comfort zone and embrace new challenges, learning something new every day. We will make you feel like at home on our amazing office (5 mins walking from Pl. Catalunya!), with the best equipment and environment so you can perform your best. Almost all of our management has been internally promoted, it’s the perfect environment for you to refine your skills and start growing your professional career, for real. Oh, and we do Agile as it’s expected it to be: Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, deploys every day, all checked!
No previous experience with test automation is needed, although you must be technical-oritented and know what’s going on "under the hood”.
Up to 35K€ base salary (plus other incentives, read below).
- Work in a daily basis with the team ensuring proper testing level in terms of quality and coverage.
- Involve and guide developers to keep focused on the code quality assurance.
- Ensure the health of the product from the requirements to production environment, across all stages of development.
- Continuously balance between the extensive testing and the speed of delivery, finding that sweet spot of “enough” testing in between.
- Quickly and accurately report any bug that is found.
- Break stuff early so it doesn’t break too late, and love to do so!
- Knowledge of HTTP protocol.
- Previous experience testing an API / Web service, specially REST.
- Proficient on using the debugging tools the browsers provide.
- Critical thought, analytical thinking and excellent communication skills.
- Excellent English communication skills.
- Experience in Agile methodologies.
- Comfortable with adult content.
- Desirable knowledge:
- Knowledge of JIRA for issue tracking.
- Knowledge of Git as a source code version control.
- Knowledge of Docker.
- Knowledge of Linux and basic console commands.
Location We’re just 5 minutes walking from the Pl. Catalunya, the very center of Barcelona. Plenty of shops, bars and entertainment around!
- Cutting-edge technology: Continuous Integration, scalable architectures, microservices, API oriented development, multi-disciplinar teams.
- Competitive compensation packages based on experience, skills and job market.
- Private health and dental insurance plan for employees and their families.
- Top notch equipment (iMac or Macbook; Apple 27″ retina display).
- Flexible working hours
- Paid lunches – either catering (just-eat delivery) or eating out.
- Employee choice for up to one week of conference or training sessions per year – time off and costs covered by company.
- Monthly tech “freestyle” days – tech team members decide what they want to work on and have fun with it.
- Plenty of parties and events making you feel part of the team: Occasional BBQ, Friday Beers&Pizza, Halloween Party, etc.
- Possibility of traveling (we have offices in New York).
- Flexible national holiday schedule – design your own working calendar.
- Big sunny terrace with ping pong and kicker tables, as well as a generous assortment of drinks, snacks and fresh fruits.
- Free English and Spanish classes.
- Employee referral program bonus.
- Company sponsored events: industry meet-ups through the Summer; company-wide retreat (Sardinia September 2016); office ski trips.
About CMP Group